Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree, same in Canada, but when you look at the "Details" on the Tesla Account, it is not how they show you the trade-in. I talked to my SA about it, he said they will fix that when you come in for delivery, which is WEIRD since the amount you will pay is less... so in theory if you pre-pay before they fix it, you will be paying more.
thanks, I might change my delivery to pick up at the dealership rather than my driveway. I don't want to have surprises later. If they send me the final invoice prior to delivery that would allay my fears. I might call my SA on Friday. But I am giving some time for the system to run overnight and adjust the taxes etc.

thanks, I might change my delivery to pick up at the dealership rather than my driveway. I don't want to have surprises later. If they send me the final invoice prior to delivery that would allay my fears. I might call my SA on Friday. But I am giving some time for the system to run overnight and adjust the taxes etc.
This is a great reason I opted out of home delivery, it is easy to do these workarounds when you are there

Reactions: 45thParallel
Correct me if I'm wrong here, I've sold couple cars via KBB instant offers. You do not need to pay any taxes on your end when you sell your car. The buyer of your car is responsible for the tax when they/he/she transfer the ownership over to them. They pay the tax based on local rate against the price they purchased from you.
I was about to make same comment. Buyer not seller pays sales tax, at least thats the case in California.

Reactions: xSCMx
I was about to make same comment. Buyer not seller pays sales tax, at least thats the case in California.
So the point is, say, I make a purchase of $100 (tesla car), as a buyer I pay $7 sales tax. Now at the time of buying this car, if I hand over to Tesla a mini car costing $50. Tesla will now charge me $100-$50 and bill me $50 and also charge me $3.50 in sales tax (@7%), instead of the $7 I would have paid on a $100 purchase. So while trading in a car, you can save on sales tax on your new purchase if one's state allow this, and they also do have a sales tax.

Reactions: cusetownusa
So the point is, say, I make a purchase of $100 (tesla car), as a buyer I pay $7 sales tax. Now at the time of buying this car, if I hand over to Tesla a mini car costing $50. Tesla will now charge me $100-$50 and bill me $50 and also charge me $3.50 in sales tax (@7%), instead of the $7 I would have paid on a $100 purchase. So while trading in a car, you can save on sales tax on your new purchase if one's state allow this, and they also do have a sales tax.
My response was from the perspective of a Californian where the buyer not seller pays sales tax. It’s obviously different in Minnesota.

Using your figures, In Illinois, you would pay $100 for new car + 7 sales tax - $50 for trade in or $57. 😩.

• Informative
Reactions: 45thParallel
Just a first service update. I was worried about the dreaded "that's within spec" comment.

Not the case for me at least. They identified they fixed everything. Getting vehicle now, will see if anything was not actually fixed.

-hood 1/8 not flush with quarter panels.
Fixed.
-trunk 1/4 gap between it and quarter.
Fixed.
-paint chip on rear handle.
Replaced the whole handle.
-horn squeeling not honking.
Replaced.
-horrible HVAC noise.
Low refrigeratant...filled .....maybe a hole ...will watch out.
- front right headlight not flush.
Adjusted.
-sonic tiktok etc. Not included in xmas update.
Not all firmware updates received it. Coming soon.

Hope they didn't damage any PPF on the front end while working.