Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really well. The delivery person drove into the driveway as instructed. He had a ride following him to get back. Before he left, had to compete a checklist then asked me to accepted delivery on the phone and waited until I had lock/unlock access (few minutes). I didn’t see any obvious fit and finish issues or any imperfections or smudges. It has V10 software with no way to update. And I don’t know yet how to verify that I have one year free connectivity as promised. Came with around 80% charge and 7 miles on odometer (assuming I know where the odometer is. I am reading the number from software settings screen). It couldn’t have been driven from the factory. They must have trucked it from factory to nearest service center which is few miles away and prepped it at the service center for delivery and driven from there.
Congrats!

I did see a couple of east coast cars planned for January, but you are right, I don’t think they delivered a lot this week, so it makes sense to send our cars with how close their production date was on the same truck, I guess if mine arrives earlier, it means you could score a day early delivery
My Tesla arrived in Minneapolis today, is being inspected and washed etc., this evening. They said they could do a delivery tomorrow morning. My appointment was set for Friday 10.00 AM. I said yes, so they will be dropping off my car at noon time tomorrow and also driving back the trade-in. I learnt something else today. While Tesla requires all of the money to be paid prior to buyers driving away with their Tesla, Tesla itself commits to paying for trade-in 30-60 days from taking delivery. I got in this situation because I decided on a trade-in after paying the full amount so I am owed money. Anyway, let it be a warning for others never to leave a balance with Tesla because their policy of paying for your tradein is within 60 days. Carvana's payment of at the spot prior to taking your car is even more attractive. With federal government paying 7% interest on iSavings bond it makes sense not to overpay by deciding on tradein before you make a payment. In am still in the money because I save 7% sales tax on $36,000 trade-in ($2520 saving). But now others have a data point to avoid this situation.

Really well. The delivery person drove into the driveway as instructed. He had a ride following him to get back. Before he left, had to compete a checklist then asked me to accepted delivery on the phone and waited until I had lock/unlock access (few minutes). I didn’t see any obvious fit and finish issues or any imperfections or smudges. It has V10 software with no way to update. And I don’t know yet how to verify that I have one year free connectivity as promised. Came with around 80% charge and 7 miles on odometer (assuming I know where the odometer is. I am reading the number from software settings screen). It couldn’t have been driven from the factory. They must have trucked it from factory to nearest service center which is few miles away and prepped it at the service center for delivery and driven from there.
That's great to hear! Did they allow you to inspect the interior prior to 'accepting delivery'?

Reactions: xSCMx
My Tesla arrived in Minneapolis today, is being inspected and washed etc., this evening. They said they could do a delivery tomorrow morning. My appointment was set for Friday 10.00 AM. I said yes, so they will be dropping off my car at noon time tomorrow and also driving back the trade-in. I learnt something else today. While Tesla requires all of the money to be paid prior to buyers driving away with their Tesla, Tesla itself commits to paying for trade-in 30-60 days from taking delivery. I got in this situation because I decided on a trade-in after paying the full amount so I am owed money. Anyway, let it be a warning for others never to leave a balance with Tesla because their policy of paying for your tradein is within 60 days. Carvana's payment of at the spot prior to taking your car is even more attractive. With federal government paying 7% interest on iSavings bond it makes sense not to overpay by deciding on tradein before you make a payment. In am still in the money because I save 7% sales tax on $36,000 trade-in ($2520 saving). But now others have a data point to avoid this situation.
These are great tips!

Congratulations. Glad everything went smoothly for you.

Interesting mileage on odometer. Perhaps they truckef it to Santana Row store and delivered from there.

Did you get the AMD and other new updates as told by SA?

Mine is scheduled for tomorrow evening.

Reactions: xSCMx and leaftoy
I was weary of the whole Tesla trade in offer, but I ended up selling mine to car max, the price was pretty good,
but congrats man, you are almost there!

Reactions: 45thParallel
Congratulations. Glad everything went smoothly for you.

Interesting mileage on odometer. Perhaps they truckef it to Santana Row store and delivered from there.

Did you get the AMD and other new updates as told by SA?

Mine is scheduled for tomorrow evening.
The person who called from delivery center before driving out said he was coming from Sunnyvale.

Here is the obligatory pic. Even though the car looks like every other Pearl white Y with Gemini wheels. And if anyone notices any panel gaps or imperfections keep it to yourself. :)

53769CC6-0619-4BA2-B19F-C5454D8A4984.jpeg

Here is the obligatory pic. Even though the car looks like every other Pearl white Y with Gemini wheels. And if anyone notices any panel gaps or imperfections keep it to yourself. :)

View attachment 757168
Super! My configuration is same as yours but my background will be no leaves, just lots of snow all around. Tomorrow's max is 5F and night -15F and would be a normal day here in January.

I have never checked for panel gaps in any of our cars until now. Panel gaps and PPF are big issues in the Tesla community. I plan to stay away from both issues. The seals behind the panels is what keeps the water and elements out, and it is hard to know with bare eyes, until leakage happens. Panel gaps are aesthetic in nature as long as the mating surfaces are fully functional.

OK, but if I decided to go Trade-in, this wouldn’t apply, I assume. Meaning, I get there, leave my current car, and drive MY Vanilla home, “just“ paying the amount I have to. I.e. (Tesla+Fees-Tradin)+Taxes of (Tesla+Fees-Tradin). Right? That is just because you pre-paid in full.
My intention is to get there with a draft and pay there, not before.
Oh, and interesting enough, the tesla site shows taxes BEFORE deducting the tradin, which is incorrect.

OK, but if I decided to go Trade-in, this wouldn’t apply, I assume. Meaning, I get there, leave my current car, and drive MY Vanilla home, “just“ paying the amount I have to. I.e. (Tesla+Fees-Tradin)+Taxes of (Tesla+Fees-Tradin). Right? That is just because you pre-paid in full.
My intention is to get there with a draft and pay there, not before.
Oh, and interesting enough, the tesla site shows taxes BEFORE deducting the tradin, which is incorrect.
They do tradein at home too. Instead of two persons coming, just one person comes with my Tesla and drives back with the tradin vehicle. They bring all paper work and complete the transaction at home. I am going to keep a small table and chairs in my garage for signing the papers etc. I did check my calculation because the way Tesla does their accounting they show money due as $0, not negative in the MVPA. My calculations showed I got the full saving in my sales tax from trade-in. It was confusing because I had to figure out what items the sales tax applies on. It does not apply on "fees", just on physical and software/FSD.

Super! My configuration is same as yours but my background will be no leaves, just lots of snow all around. Tomorrow's max is 5F and night -15F and would be a normal day here in January.

I have never checked for panel gaps in any of our cars until now. Panel gaps and PPF are big issues in the Tesla community. I plan to stay away from both issues. The seals behind the panels is what keeps the water and elements out, and it is hard to know with bare eyes, until leakage happens. Panel gaps are aesthetic in nature as long as the mating surfaces are fully functional.
Today is a bit chilly for us at 55 high but we will be close to 70 degrees by the weekend. :)

Reactions: 45thParallel