Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was worried about the whole process with going through DCU but all that worry was for nothing. It turned out to be a real simple process. The loan people have tons of experience dealing with tesla they told me how it all works. Scheduling call backs and calling them first thing when they open on Saturday mornings seems to be key for getting through.

Yes DCU was great to work with and the rate is awesome.

Reactions: rgpitt and kjudd11
I finally got to spend the last 3 hours with this beautiful beast. Everything is perfect. No panel gaps. Paint is amazing and the interior is spotless. Super easy to do everything through the app. AMD chip, dual glass (front only) - haven't checked for mud flaps or paint protection. The internet browser and YouTube are really fast and useable. Maps are very snappy too.

I've been driving a Chevy Bolt for the last 3 years and it has been the fastest and most fun car I've ever owned. It is a super torquey and stiff go-cart that's quicker than most things I see on the road. So I am used to EV acceleration and power. I test drove my neighbor's Tesla MYLR about a year ago and don't remember being super impressed with the power on my quick drive. It felt heavy to me and I have been kind of worried that I was settling for a MYLR and wouldn't really feel a big difference or get that super stoke new Tesla owners get driving EV's for the first time.

But holy sheet - was I wrong! This MYLR feels so much more powerful than my Bolt. It just keeps on pulling. I haven't done any freeway driving yet - just a bunch of hilly surface roads where I can let it out a bit, and it is night and day! I knew the handling would be better, but I am so pleased with the power improvement over the Bolt. Can't imagine needing boost or a Performance model.......yet.

Couldn't be happier. Took me less than 5 minutes to slap on the Rimetrix covers. You can see my jealous Chevy Bolt on the street knowing she has been replaced and is getting sent to the glue factory later this week....

Model Y.jpg

I finally got to spend the last 3 hours with this beautiful beast. Everything is perfect. No panel gaps. Paint is amazing and the interior is spotless. Super easy to do everything through the app. AMD chip, dual glass (front only) - haven't checked for mud flaps or paint protection. The internet browser and YouTube are really fast and useable. Maps are very snappy too.

I've been driving a Chevy Bolt for the last 3 years and it has been the fastest and most fun car I've ever owned. It is a super torquey and stiff go-cart that's quicker than most things I see on the road. So I am used to EV acceleration and power. I test drove my neighbor's Tesla MYLR about a year ago and don't remember being super impressed with the power on my quick drive. It felt heavy to me and I have been kind of worried that I was settling for a MYLR and wouldn't really feel a big difference or get that super stoke new Tesla owners get driving EV's for the first time.

But holy sheet - was I wrong! This MYLR feels so much more powerful than my Bolt. It just keeps on pulling. I haven't done any freeway driving yet - just a bunch of hilly surface roads where I can let it out a bit, and it is night and day! I knew the handling would be better, but I am so pleased with the power improvement over the Bolt. Can't imagine needing boost or a Performance model.......yet.

Couldn't be happier. Took me less than 5 minutes to slap on the Rimetrix covers. You can see my jealous Chevy Bolt on the street knowing she has been replaced and is getting sent to the glue factory later this week....

View attachment 759837
Hah! My Rimetrix aren’t arriving until Thursday. Dunno how you’ll feel about me basically mimicking you.

Reactions: EvEv

View attachment 759837
Covers are looking fantastic. I like the look but I might go with cheaper satin black wrap. I just don't want unused covers in the garage.

Took delivery this afternoon. Car looks good. Couple of panel gap issues but nothing major. A few issues though - rearview mirror is wobbly when you touch/adjust it, driver’s side door doesn’t close properly unless you put in extra force. The biggest issue for me though is I’m experiencing ear pressure like you would on an airplane or when you are listening to too much bass. Not sure what is up with that. Never experienced anything like it in the 3

After Tesla missed my 8am to 12pm delivery appointment, I just said “F@%K it“ and drove to the dealership to find out what is going on. Apparently the delivery driver couldn’t find my car as it was “asleep” so he couldn’t track it. Fortunately, the guys at the dealership found it and I was able to get my car. It took me another 15 min before i could drive it as I couldn’t get the glovebox open to get the key cards (someone had to reset it for me). Took it right to the tint shop.

So glad the wait is over.

Oh…it also does have the new AMD chip

For me, my loan was approved by DCU in 1 hour but I did not receive the email that is supposed to ask DocuSign. Customer care said, it might take a day to get the email.

Did anyone go through this phase? How soon after signing the document will they dispatch cheque? My delivery is in 2 days.
Once you sign the DocuSign they'll issue a check before the cutoff of 4pm EST.

View attachment 759837
Looks awesome. I have home delivery in less than 12 hours. I can’t sleep!!!

Yes DCU was great to work with and the rate is awesome.
Hi I also applied for DCU and got approved and it is requesting for a sales and purchase agreement . I guess you get that from tesla once you have completed the insurance and uploaded it . Can you confirm if that is the case and once we send the sales and purchase document how long did it take to get the loan. My estimated delivery date is feb 5th-Feb 12. As for insurance how did you finalize the date to begin coverage as my delivery window is still feb 5-feb 12

For those who paid for car with "cash", is it better to do the bank wire transfer with Plaid in advance or bring a cashier's check, in case (knock on wood), one has to reject the car for some reason (I always think ahead for worst case scenarios (not a Debbie Downer, more of a Prepared Patty) and wonder if my money would get tied up in Tesla world until next car comes? Seems like better to say will hold on to my cashiers check! 🙃

Hi I also applied for DCU and got approved and it is requesting for a sales and purchase agreement . I guess you get that from tesla once you have completed the insurance and uploaded it . Can you confirm if that is the case and once we send the sales and purchase document how long did it take to get the loan. My estimated delivery date is feb 5th-Feb 12. As for insurance how did you finalize the date to begin coverage as my delivery window is still feb 5-feb 12
You should be able to download the MVPA from the tesla website. There are a couple of links for documents when you log in and select your car from the dashboard. It should be available before you upload your insurance. You have plenty of time to get your loan. After you get the email that you are approved, call them and tell them you'd like to finalize the loan. They'll walk through the terms and send you the docusign. It took me 1 day from signing the docusign for them to cut the check, send me the picture of it and overnight to tesla. As you get closer to that delivery range, tesla should text you and tell you to log in and set a specific date and time for delivery. I didn't have to have my insurance or balance complete to get the text to schedule.

ITS GOING to be a LONG one, i can feel i
For those who paid for car with "cash", is it better to do the bank wire transfer with Plaid in advance or bring a cashier's check, in case (knock on wood), one has to reject the car for some reason (I always think ahead for worst case scenarios (not a Debbie Downer, more of a Prepared Patty) and wonder if my money would get tied up in Tesla world until next car comes? Seems like better to say will hold on to my cashiers check! 🙃
That’s a good question, but I’m sure there’s a good refund policy

Reactions: eeee-meeee
Sales and purchase agreement is MVPA, which you can download from your account, loan gets approved same day or next day. DCU is well aware of Tesla process and will ship the check overnight FedEx

I did cash & the bank wire w/ plaid in advance. Figured if i have to reject it, I’m getting the next car at some point anyway.

Reactions: J1513
You need to have a VIN assigned, once you have that assigned you'll selected 3rd party financing on Teslas site and then Tesla will automatically create a sales and purchase agreement, it's called MVPA, you'll upload that to DCU and then they'll create the loan docs from that.

Reactions: kjudd11
Also some people have the check mailed directly to Tesla, if it's a time crunch for delivery, you just need to provide tracking and a copy of the check. The delivery center will give you the car with those two info.

I wanted to have the check delivered to me just in case the car had paint defects or any issues visible from the outside, so if I reject it I wouldn't hand over the check and have a loan hanging over me.

Up to you how you want to handle the check part.

Reactions: EvEv