Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s a good question, but I’m sure there’s a good refund policy
Going by some of the forum user experiences, refund takes a good amount of time (weeks) and it is initiated only if asked. Otherwise Tesla will hold on to the whole amount until next VIN is matched and the customer takes delivery. This apparently happens even if Tesla took away the VIN. (Not first hand experience. Personally I just paid with Plaid the evening before home delivery. I wasn't planning to reject the vehicle and was in communication with delivery team and was sure car was ready for delivery and VIN would not be taken away from me. ACH didn't show up for 2-3 days. Until then had the experience of driving a free car :) ).

Last edited:
Reactions: eric.freeman
You need to have a VIN assigned, once you have that assigned you'll selected 3rd party financing on Teslas site and then Tesla will automatically create a sales and purchase agreement, it's called MVPA, you'll upload that to DCU and then they'll create the loan docs from that.
I got my VIN assigned and selected third party finance but i could not see the agreement anywhere in my tesla website

Reactions: LitePhoenix99
Thanks for the reply but I am not able to locate the MVPA agreement from my tesla account . Is it the order agreement under the documents section
it should be under the order agreement
Capture.JPG

For those who paid for car with "cash", is it better to do the bank wire transfer with Plaid in advance or bring a cashier's check, in case (knock on wood), one has to reject the car for some reason (I always think ahead for worst case scenarios (not a Debbie Downer, more of a Prepared Patty) and wonder if my money would get tied up in Tesla world until next car comes? Seems like better to say will hold on to my cashiers check! 🙃
I paid in full through plaid 2 days prior to delivery. Super easy and convenient. I figure if I paid for it and had to decline the car or something happened to the car at least it would be paid for in advance.

I finally got to spend the last 3 hours with this beautiful beast. Everything is perfect. No panel gaps. Paint is amazing and the interior is spotless. Super easy to do everything through the app. AMD chip, dual glass (front only) - haven't checked for mud flaps or paint protection. The internet browser and YouTube are really fast and useable. Maps are very snappy too.

I've been driving a Chevy Bolt for the last 3 years and it has been the fastest and most fun car I've ever owned. It is a super torquey and stiff go-cart that's quicker than most things I see on the road. So I am used to EV acceleration and power. I test drove my neighbor's Tesla MYLR about a year ago and don't remember being super impressed with the power on my quick drive. It felt heavy to me and I have been kind of worried that I was settling for a MYLR and wouldn't really feel a big difference or get that super stoke new Tesla owners get driving EV's for the first time.

But holy sheet - was I wrong! This MYLR feels so much more powerful than my Bolt. It just keeps on pulling. I haven't done any freeway driving yet - just a bunch of hilly surface roads where I can let it out a bit, and it is night and day! I knew the handling would be better, but I am so pleased with the power improvement over the Bolt. Can't imagine needing boost or a Performance model.......yet.

Couldn't be happier. Took me less than 5 minutes to slap on the Rimetrix covers. You can see my jealous Chevy Bolt on the street knowing she has been replaced and is getting sent to the glue factory later this week....

View attachment 759837
Thanks for sharing. I'm coming from another EV (VW eGolf) as well and wondered the same thing. I test drove a M3 and was fairly impressed with the performance. But, coming from an EV the instant torque and acceleration is not new to me. I expect the Y to be fun to drive but often wondered if I will be as impressed compared to someone driving their first EV. I'm happy to hear you were not disappointed.

Reactions: indysurfer
Did anyone who recently got their car get free supercharger miles based on ordering with a referral code? At the time of order, Tesla was still giving out free supercharger miles if you used another owner's referral code. It's my understanding that those miles show up in your loot box when you pickup the car. I know I used a friend's referral code at the time of order, but I don't see any record of it in my account anywhere. I'm expecting them to show up after pickup, but wondering if anyone has recent experience with this.

Auto insurance locked in and uploaded to the app! Just gotta get final confirmation on the loan from DCU this afternoon, make my downpayment to Tesla, and we're in business!
So do you tell the car insurance co. that you have a Tesla VIN but the car is not delivered yet? Will coverage start as soon as you get delivery? (I have Geico btw)
And I'm scheduled to get my Y on Thursday! Fast,fast fast... prob good since its supposed to snow on Friday here!
Also, its apparently a touches delivery?! They just drop off and go??!! (I didn't pick the option and I live near 3 Tesla service centers!)

Reactions: EvEv
You need to have a VIN assigned, once you have that assigned you'll selected 3rd party financing on Teslas site and then Tesla will automatically create a sales and purchase agreement, it's called MVPA, you'll upload that to DCU and then they'll create the loan docs from that.
The website seems to have changed. I cannot find where you can select 3rd party financing. I am going to have to call in to get them to change from cash. I also don't see a way to input a trade.

So do you tell the car insurance co. that you have a Tesla VIN but the car is not delivered yet? Will coverage start as soon as you get delivery? (I have Geico btw)
And I'm scheduled to get my Y on Thursday! Fast,fast fast... prob good since its supposed to snow on Friday here!
Also, its apparently a touches delivery?! They just drop off and go??!! (I didn't pick the option and I live near 3 Tesla service centers!)
Once your VIN has been assigned, you can still get an insurance quote and decide to start your policy with an effective date that is in alignment with when your vehicle is delivered (so I decided for my policy to start this Friday, 1/28, I'm taking delivery!).

FWIW, I went with Costco's insurance offering - I have Geico currently, and they wanted me to pay an additional $1k to my current premium...and that's for replacing my current vehicle!

Reactions: EvEv and eeee-meeee
The website seems to have changed. I cannot find where you can select 3rd party financing. I am going to have to call in to get them to change from cash. I also don't see a way to input a trade.
If you selected Cash and no trade in, pretty sure SA has to change it for you. If you don't have an SA, call the local SC or the Tesla Call center and they can switch for you quick

Reactions: samori01