Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone who recently got their car get free supercharger miles based on ordering with a referral code? At the time of order, Tesla was still giving out free supercharger miles if you used another owner's referral code. It's my understanding that those miles show up in your loot box when you pickup the car. I know I used a friend's referral code at the time of order, but I don't see any record of it in my account anywhere. I'm expecting them to show up after pickup, but wondering if anyone has recent experience with this.
Yes I got my free super charger miles for using my friends referral code and my friend received his as well.

After you pick it up it'll show in your loot box.

Reactions: EvEv
Did anyone who recently got their car get free supercharger miles based on ordering with a referral code? At the time of order, Tesla was still giving out free supercharger miles if you used another owner's referral code. It's my understanding that those miles show up in your loot box when you pickup the car. I know I used a friend's referral code at the time of order, but I don't see any record of it in my account anywhere. I'm expecting them to show up after pickup, but wondering if anyone has recent experience with this.
Your friend can see the referral in their account. Once you take delivery the miles should appear in a day or so.

Once your VIN has been assigned, you can still get an insurance quote and decide to start your policy with an effective date that is in alignment with when your vehicle is delivered (so I decided for my policy to start this Friday, 1/28, I'm taking delivery!).

FWIW, I went with Costco's insurance offering - I have Geico currently, and they wanted me to pay an additional $1k to my current premium...and that's for replacing my current vehicle!
Holy moly!!!!! Why are Tesla MY so expensive to insure!!!!???? I just checked on Geico and its like an additional $1200 per 6 months for our premium??? I've had way more expensive cars and was not this pricey!!!!!

Reactions: voxel
Holy moly!!!!! Why are Tesla MY so expensive to insure!!!!???? I just checked on Geico and its like an additional $1200 per 6 months for our premium??? I've had way more expensive cars and was not this pricey!!!!!
Exactly why I went with Costco! They offered good discounts for being a member, and also some discounts based on educational achievements. My father has had a Model 3 insured by Costco for the past few years, and has had no complaints.

Cost to repair is a lot higher, but insurance depends on what state you live in and how they calculate the risk. Mines went up 150 for 6 months when adding it but I haven't removed my old car yet so it might be same overall or very little increase.

My friend got a quote and he said his rates dropped significantly when he switched to the Costco auto insurance. Shop around if you aren't tied down (home auto bundle) to one company.

Reactions: kjudd11
051312ba238f5a784986b82617dbd8621c747e-wm.jpg

Reactions: Spam2Yam
I have it for ICE car from Progressive and I tried with multiple companies but quote was always higher than what I am paying right now. They give small/large accident forgiveness as well. Just checked Costco insurance and quote was $13 less.

I found Progressive was a lot cheaper than Geico for me: Geico wanted an additional $500 per 6 months to add the Model Y to our current policy while Progressive was only $300 per 6 months more than our current insurance.

It's because when it gets damaged, the selection of certified Tesla repair shops is few and far between...at least that's the story they'll tell you when they give you the quote.

• Informative
Reactions: eeee-meeee