Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting (8/18 OD and profile completion for a 7-seater).

Looking at EDD of 1/28 to 2/25. Lots of EDD changes in Jan for me -- see below.

MYLR7 | midnight silver | black interior | Gemini wheels | 7-seater | no tow | no FSD

Order and profile complete: 8/18

Initial EDD 11/28-12/26
EDD change #1 on 11/28: 01/08 - 02/05
EDD change #2 on 01/09: 01/12 - 02/09
EDD change #3 on 01/13: 01/16 - 02/09
EDD change #4 on 01/14: 01/19 - 02/02
EDD change #5 on 01/20: 01/23 - 02/01
EDD change #6 on 01/24: 01/28 - 02/25
Another 8/18 order...I am hoping the floodgates will open. Hoping that once you enter your EDD, it will move to something like 2/1 - 2/14 and then VINsanity will begin.

Reactions: arctangent
May I ask which DCU that you got 1.24% rate from? if you're comfortable with sharing. I got mine 3 weeks ago at 2.49%.
I got the rate from Digital Credit Union after receiving a referral code from another Tesla owner. I then joined a charity for a $10 annual membership, which is supposed to bump down the rate (not sure if I needed to do this since I had a referral code already). The rate should be as low as 1.49% with an EV already, and gets bumped down when you set up direct deposit to DCU. Keep in mind that 1.24% is for the 65 month policy.

If you are not driving a lot except on roadtrips, only get it on your planned roadtrip month, unless you want to do the full FSD with city driving
I think the subscription should be enough for most. One of the main draws of this car is how fun it is to drive. If you have a road trip, pay the $200 for the month, and use it, then you probably won't need it until your next trip. Unless you want self-park and summon (which I wish were a la cart).

I got the rate from Digital Credit Union after receiving a referral code from another Tesla owner. I then joined a charity for a $10 annual membership, which is supposed to bump down the rate (not sure if I needed to do this since I had a referral code already). The rate should be as low as 1.49% with an EV already, and gets bumped down when you set up direct deposit to DCU. Keep in mind that 1.24% is for the 65 month policy.
Do they even have longer policy options (ie. 72, 78, etc.)?

From the Q4 Earnings Call! "We are building MYs with structural battery packs and 4680 cells at Austin. We should be able to deliver to customers after final certification which should be fairly soon." Hopefully its true.
That is horrible...fairly soon? Is that the fairly soon of the Roadster or Semi, is that the fairly soon of the MY RWD? What does that mean? It means more speculation and nothing definitive until it is shipped to customers.

From the Q4 Earnings Call! "We are building MYs with structural battery packs and 4680 cells at Austin. We should be able to deliver to customers after final certification which should be fairly soon." Hopefully its true.
I’m going to pretend that my TBD date is because my car’s in the batch they’ve already produced and they don’t know when they’re getting approval. Probably a stretch, but it seems like they’ve built blue and black cars and mine is black…

That is horrible...fairly soon? Is that the fairly soon of the Roadster or Semi, is that the fairly soon of the MY RWD? What does that mean? It means more speculation and nothing definitive until it is shipped to customers.
Thank god the numbers guy came on after Elon and said cars with 4680 cells will be delivered by the end of quarter.

After 24hrs with the Model Y, I can confidently say it’s the most fun vehicle to drive. I had a few minor things (passenger side glass not lined up correctly, seat stitching slightly off, and trunk alignment was wonky) but overall it’s been smooth sailing. First avail service appointment isn’t till feb 7th. Guess that’s not too bad. I think I’ll install homelink during that visit.

Mine did not come with update v11. Hasnt popped up for me to update yet. Not sure what that’s about but whatever. The AMD chip is killer. Everything flies on the screen.

Loving it.

After 24hrs with the Model Y, I can confidently say it’s the most fun vehicle to drive. I had a few minor things (passenger side glass not lined up correctly, seat stitching slightly off, and trunk alignment was wonky) but overall it’s been smooth sailing. First avail service appointment isn’t till feb 7th. Guess that’s not too bad. I think I’ll install homelink during that visit.

Mine did not come with update v11. Hasnt popped up for me to update yet. Not sure what that’s about but whatever. The AMD chip is killer. Everything flies on the screen.

Loving it.
I'm still waiting for Homelink to be back in stock to buy on their website. Did you buy it by other avenues?

After what seems like a lifetime, tonight I’m filling up the CX-5 for the last time, at least for the foreseeable future! A lot of great memories driving this thing around. Oh, what a feeling!
8FAFE111-B1EE-4134-BAC0-0AE469D75178.jpeg

After what seems like a lifetime, tonight I’m filling up the CX-5 for the last time, at least for the foreseeable future! A lot of great memories driving this thing around. Oh, what a feeling! View attachment 760679
Welp, not even 15 minutes after making this post, I get a text from Tesla saying my vehicle has been delayed due to a minor cosmetic issue. Wishful thinking is that I'll somehow get an AMD chip out of this, but knowing my luck, it's probably unrelated, and I'm probably stuck with the Intel chip my SA said I have.

New tentative delivery date is 2/3/22 at 11am, which is great since I'm working during that time, and I'm supposed to drive to SF for the Warriors game that evening :')

SO HAPPY I DECIDED TO PAY MY DOWN PAYMENT YESTERDAY!

Alright, rant over. Life lesson, don't be me, because you will get sh*t on. Constantly! (Kidding, of course....mostly)

Welp, not even 15 minutes after making this post, I get a text from Tesla saying my vehicle has been delayed due to a minor cosmetic issue. Wishful thinking is that I'll somehow get an AMD chip out of this, but knowing my luck, it's probably unrelated, and I'm probably stuck with the Intel chip my SA said I have.

New tentative delivery date is 2/3/22 at 11am, which is great since I'm working during that time, and I'm supposed to drive to SF for the Warriors game that evening :')

SO HAPPY I DECIDED TO PAY MY DOWN PAYMENT YESTERDAY!

Alright, rant over. Life lesson, don't be me, because you will get sh*t on. Constantly! (Kidding, of course....mostly)
Bummer. Tesla called me this morning to confirm my appt on Friday. Paid my down payment this evening, in anticipation. I haven’t inquired about the infotainment chip. Crossing my fingers for amd.

I'm still waiting for Homelink to be back in stock to buy on their website. Did you buy it by other avenues?
If you put your email in Tesla will notify you when it is back in stock and you can quickly order it before it goes out of stock again. That’s what I did even before knowing when I will take delivery so I ended up being without homelink for only couple of days after delivery (ie until earliest mobile appt).

Reactions: samori01