Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 24hrs with the Model Y, I can confidently say it’s the most fun vehicle to drive. I had a few minor things (passenger side glass not lined up correctly, seat stitching slightly off, and trunk alignment was wonky) but overall it’s been smooth sailing. First avail service appointment isn’t till feb 7th. Guess that’s not too bad. I think I’ll install homelink during that visit.

Mine did not come with update v11. Hasnt popped up for me to update yet. Not sure what that’s about but whatever. The AMD chip is killer. Everything flies on the screen.

Loving it.
This is the only car I could never get bored driving, or not driving when she is haha

• Funny
Reactions: xSCMx
After what seems like a lifetime, tonight I’m filling up the CX-5 for the last time, at least for the foreseeable future! A lot of great memories driving this thing around. Oh, what a feeling! View attachment 760679
That was me with the last gas pump to my ex-car

Attachments

• 3849DBEE-C5D8-4B63-B92B-8A216F04C39F.jpeg
    3849DBEE-C5D8-4B63-B92B-8A216F04C39F.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 97
Welp, not even 15 minutes after making this post, I get a text from Tesla saying my vehicle has been delayed due to a minor cosmetic issue. Wishful thinking is that I'll somehow get an AMD chip out of this, but knowing my luck, it's probably unrelated, and I'm probably stuck with the Intel chip my SA said I have.

New tentative delivery date is 2/3/22 at 11am, which is great since I'm working during that time, and I'm supposed to drive to SF for the Warriors game that evening :')

SO HAPPY I DECIDED TO PAY MY DOWN PAYMENT YESTERDAY!

Alright, rant over. Life lesson, don't be me, because you will get sh*t on. Constantly! (Kidding, of course....mostly)
You will not remember all the waiting when you get the car, that’s how I feel now

Got it!!

8/26 order. Multiple EDD…and actual delivery day changes due to transportation delays. I received a call yesterday late afternoon saying that my car was ready and waiting for me (two days early). Since I’m only about 10 minutes from the dealership I drove over and picked it up, trading in my BMW X3.

The whole process was smooth and the sales associate that I’ve been dealing with since the test drive was fantastic. With the exception of the trunk alignment the car was flawless. I have a service appointment Friday morning to have the trunk tweaked.

For those wondering it’s a 12/31 production, F356xxx, Intel Atom (👎) equipped vehicle. We chatted about the 12v battery infant mortality issues and while they were unsure, the sales team is hoping that if the lead acid 12v does die while in warranty it would be replaced with a lithium ion unit. Also, I used a referral code for the purchase and the 1,000 supercharger miles arrived immediately after car acceptance in my loot box.

How early go I need to have insurance for the Tesla that is "on its way"-- to upload to the app prior to getting delivery? I want to wait until the day of delivery to put the car on the premium (ms. penny pincher here :))...what did most people do?

I told my agent to make the policy effective a day prior to delivery. They sent me a binder immediately with an effective date in the future and that is what I submitted to Tesla.

Reactions: samori01 and DrGriz
How early go I need to have insurance for the Tesla that is "on its way"-- to upload to the app prior to getting delivery? I want to wait until the day of delivery to put the car on the premium (ms. penny pincher here :))...what did most people do?
Maybe it varies by state, but the app just let me upload my current insurance policy number/card and marked the task as completed. When I added the car to my policy I made the effective date of the change the same date as my delivery.

Also, I called geico and they did some voodoo to the policy that wasn't available to me online and it ended up being only like $10/6 months more than progressive, so I stayed with geico for the convenience.

Maybe it varies by state, but the app just let me upload my current insurance policy number/card and marked the task as completed. When I added the car to my policy I made the effective date of the change the same date as my delivery.

Also, I called geico and they did some voodoo to the policy that wasn't available to me online and it ended up being only like $10/6 months more than progressive, so I stayed with geico for the convenience.
Yes sticking with Geico also. The price difference initially was because the automatic quote included extra insurance (mechanical breakdown) which we don't typically get. Price was similar to progressive's quote when that was taken off.