Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
quick report from from my home delivery yesterday:

The delivery person was very nice and arrived at the promised time, and had to literally go in 10 min, he said he had an Uber coming. That is in my opinion very less time to even inspect basic on the outside, let alone inside. Not he person's fault, but the way the Tesla delivery system operates. It feels very rushed. They should have may be 20-30mins for a purchase this big in dollar value. I handed him over 2 cheques and signed the documents and inspected the car whatever I could in those 10 minutes.

The car is mostly perfect, I found following issues:
1]Rear hatch is not aligned properly wrt the bumper. I see more gap on one side than the other.
2]A Small paint chip inside the hood where the frunk plastic part meets the metal.
3]Minor smudges on the paint, have to really look for them to notice. This one may actually just go away after a good wash too.
4]High pitched motor whine when I accelerate and decelerate. I am not sure if this is normal, as I had a rental 2021 Model Y not too long ago which did not have such a whine.

Apart from this, the red paint is gorgeous. Also I can confirm that I got the AMD chip.

Tesla Roadtrip Fact:
I drove around 2000 miles from Columbus OH to Scottsdale but passing through Dallas TX
Supercharging cost: 200$ / ABRP predicted Around 90$
That same trip on my previous Ford Explorer 2017 Platinum with 3.6 Turbo Engine would have costed 370$
Savings in Energy is 46%
if you would have taken that trip in a Toyota Camry with a 2.5L it would have costed 218, which is just a little over what a Tesla would have costed in supercharging

Things to consider:
I had close to 500 lbs of weight
I drove in extreme cold weather at least for few hours north
I charger at a destination charger for free in AR

Conclusion: Tesla on a roadtrip cost less in charging, but the savings are relative to what car you are comparing to, a gas efficient car would be equal in cost, also ABRP estimates are generous, the actual cost is more
Why? ABRP assumes perfect conditions, like you will charge exactly as recommended, the charging time will be on time

Finally picked up my car! Everything went well for the most part. Scheduling delivery was a nightmare. The dates kept changing and they basically had no idea when the car was going arrive since there were delays with logistics. Everything is great except for one of the rear passenger doors sag when opening. So much so that when I go to close it the window hits the side. Service appointment scheduled this Saturday to fix it. Attached all my accessories and can’t wait to take a long drive!

Attachments

• 043EE27C-3F92-4E19-97C8-92AA48ED20B1.jpeg
    043EE27C-3F92-4E19-97C8-92AA48ED20B1.jpeg
    646.1 KB · Views: 71
  • F5311E76-75DA-49C2-B3F0-BEC009BDCA41.jpeg
    F5311E76-75DA-49C2-B3F0-BEC009BDCA41.jpeg
    775.8 KB · Views: 66
Finally picked up my car! Everything went well for the most part. Scheduling delivery was a nightmare. The dates kept changing and they basically had no idea when the car was going arrive since there were delays with logistics. Everything is great except for one of the rear passenger doors sag when opening. So much so that when I go to close it the window hits the side. Service appointment scheduled this Saturday to fix it. Attached all my accessories and can’t wait to take a long drive!
Looks awesome!

Well....not good news from Tesla this morning...my EDD got pushed out from Jan 31-Feb 14 to Feb 10-Mar 8. Back to a 28 day window. Looks like I am going to be over 180 days from OD to delivery.

Same thing happened to me -- went from a 2 week window about a week ago to a 4 week window again (my 5th EDD change in Jan).

MYLR7 | midnight silver | black interior | Gemini wheels | 7-seater | no tow | no FSD
Order and profile complete: 8/18
Initial EDD 11/28-12/26
EDD change #1 on 11/28: 01/08 - 02/05
EDD change #2 on 01/09: 01/12 - 02/09
EDD change #3 on 01/13: 01/16 - 02/09
EDD change #4 on 01/14: 01/19 - 02/02
EDD change #5 on 01/20: 01/23 - 02/01
EDD change #6 on 01/24: 01/28 - 02/25

quick report from from my home delivery yesterday:

The delivery person was very nice and arrived at the promised time, and had to literally go in 10 min, he said he had an Uber coming. That is in my opinion very less time to even inspect basic on the outside, let alone inside. Not he person's fault, but the way the Tesla delivery system operates. It feels very rushed. They should have may be 20-30mins for a purchase this big in dollar value. I handed him over 2 cheques and signed the documents and inspected the car whatever I could in those 10 minutes.

The car is mostly perfect, I found following issues:
1]Rear hatch is not aligned properly wrt the bumper. I see more gap on one side than the other.
2]A Small paint chip inside the hood where the frunk plastic part meets the metal.
3]Minor smudges on the paint, have to really look for them to notice. This one may actually just go away after a good wash too.
4]High pitched motor whine when I accelerate and decelerate. I am not sure if this is normal, as I had a rental 2021 Model Y not too long ago which did not have such a whine.

Apart from this, the red paint is gorgeous. Also I can confirm that I got the AMD chip.
Double pane rear windows?

Tesla Roadtrip Fact:
I drove around 2000 miles from Columbus OH to Scottsdale but passing through Dallas TX
That same trip on my previous Ford Explorer 2017 Platinum with 3.6 Turbo Engine would have costed 370$
Savings in Energy is 46%
if you would have taken that trip in a Toyota Camry with a 2.5L it would have costed 218, which is just a little over what a Tesla would have costed in supercharging

Things to consider:

Conclusion: Tesla on a roadtrip cost less in charging, but the savings are relative to what car you are comparing to, a gas efficient car would be equal in cost, also ABRP estimates are generous, the actual cost is more
Why? ABRP assumes perfect conditions, like you will charge exactly as recommended, the charging time will be on time
Wow, that is actually very surprising to me. I would expect the cost to be a lot lower. Although, like most, I will be charging at home and therefore the savings on a normal day should be a lot more significant.

Reactions: samori01
My delivery scheduled for 10AM today got delayed. The guy called this morning and said there is a software update going on and no ETA. I wonder if they are pushing v11 but still it should not take that much time to delay the delivery.
Did you reschedule it to tomorrow? I am in the same boat. Already got to delivery center and waiting to see if I can get the car today

Reactions: EvEv and kjudd11
Tesla Roadtrip Fact:
Savings in Energy is 46%

Things to consider:

Did you go into the deep settings of ABRP and tweak them?

1643309948572.png

Reactions: eric.freeman
looks breathtaking! Congratulations! Hope you enjoy the trip, Tesla makes a long drive so easy

Looks great! Inductions with the white coat is so gorgeous

Reactions: samori01