Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@DrGriz That would be ridiculous if you ask me. They pushed deliveries without USB ports, and surely they could use their robo-texting system that asks if people are ready for delivey (reply "march" comes to mind) or asking if have a trade-in to ask if they require the UMC at delivery (yes, no, iou).

If you are correct, then they are doing so to avoid the potential of bad press and/or directly contradicting Elon's stated rational for the bundle being removed... and then the ethics and integrity behind the decision making process (and the company) is the issue at hand, not the UMC, and will lead to more questions/situtions/decisions are making made that haven't been forced into the Public Square (as some say)?

Reactions: BGOwner and DrGriz
@DrGriz That would be ridiculous if you ask me. They pushed deliveries without USB ports, and surely they could use their robo-texting system that asks if people are ready for delivey (reply "march" comes to mind) or asking if have a trade-in to ask if they require the UMC at delivery (yes, no, iou).

If you are correct, then they are doing so to avoid the potential of bad press and/or directly contradicting Elon's stated rational for the bundle being removed... and then the ethics and integrity behind the decision making process (and the company) is the issue at hand, not the UMC, and will lead to more questions/situtions/decisions are making made that haven't been forced into the Public Square (as some say)?
All I can say is the lack of chargers on Tesla Shop for months suggests a shortage is at least part of the problem. You are absolutely right that they should be handling it differently, and maybe in a week, once the company catches up with the CEO's twittlering, they will do the robotext you are suggesting.

I would never defend the company's communication, both internally (my SA honestly kept telling me I knew more than she did as I asked questions) and externally.

Order date July 2021. MYLR, Black, Black, 5 seats. 20'in tow. No FSD.
Just saw my window go from April 25th - May 26th. To now July 31 - September 11

EDD is a moving target but that is incredibly frustrating to see a new facility open and then the date pushes out further...

Reactions: GBwaiting

EDD is a moving target but that is incredibly frustrating to see a new facility open and then the date pushes out further...
Wow...that will be over 12 months from OD. Wonder why your order keeps getting skipped over?

I got pushed a few days ago out to Aug 3-Sep 14. A year from original order (albeit with my mistake of delayed profile completion) is insane! Had been in may-june for a while before. Hopefully it's just some reshuffling with how many people it seems to be happening to.

I feel your pain. I ordered mine in Aug 21. MYLR White with Black Seats, 5 seats. Today, it got delayed an extra month. Now is June16-July28. I recently ordered a wall mount charger too and no updates on it about shipment. Even if it comes soon, I may have a wall charger with no car. :(

You are one of (if not the) first from 2021 that I have seen with my exact config. Please tell me you placed yours on hold or did not finish your profile. I got mine back in February and my OD and completion date was 8/18/21.

I am sooooooo sorry that this thread is continuing. It is utterly ridiculous everyone from August (who did not hold) hasn't been enjoying their car for at least a month already.