Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aus Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2A0ACFE8-CA25-4F89-BD0C-4A3A453FBB65.png

This is really tough, had my heart set on white interior and a long range dual motor. Interesting the range is now 560 for the performance with aero wheels. Might settle on the Performance with black interior. No tow options either... bummer

This is really tough, had my heart set on white interior and a long range dual motor. Interesting the range is now 560 for the performance with aero wheels. Might settle on the Performance with black interior. No tow options either... bummer

Same here. I wanted red long range dual motor. The price for a black performance without performance upgrade pack is too good to pass up I think.

So early adopters have a limited model choice as expected and also limited options (eg no white interior / no 19" wheels). Upside is that what is offered is probably a fair compromise for both a 'value' and a 'performance' option.
The optioned down performance model may not be available later if they bring over the LR AWD, at which point the performance may increase in price as a full performance model. I was looking for a LR RWD and then was expecting I would need to get a LR AWD. Looks like that may now need to be a LR Performance (optioned down).

What’s up with the 1500$ reservation some of us have placed. No mention of it in the order page and the same 3000$ deposit for ordering is required even for a non reservation holder. I guess then i’ll have 4500$ off the price at payment time. Just feels like the reservation idea was a bit lame, makes me a Tesla sheep I guess.

What’s up with the 1500$ reservation some of us have placed. No mention of it in the order page and the same 3000$ deposit for ordering is required even for a non reservation holder. I guess then i’ll have 4500$ off the price at payment time. Just feels like the reservation idea was a bit lame, makes me a Tesla sheep I guess.

Couldn't agree more! And on top of that slap in the face we also get the same Est. Delivery time! I logged on and logged off, built same car and got the same Est. Delivery time....man'o man......

CapturFiles-31-58-2019_04.58.09.jpg

You get an invoice after ordering that shows the two payments made.

The AU-specific FAQ they sent me says that delivery depends on reservation date.

Sure, however one can create a custom order and the Est. Delivery of August does not change no matter logged in or not....so at most I would get my car 1 month before others that did not reserve.....so $675 I could have made on that $1,500 for 1 month earlier delivery (which may not even be the case re timing, could all end up on the first boat!)....