TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Aussie Tesla Roadster competes in Global Green Challenge

Discussion in 'News' started by meloccom, Oct 22, 2009.

1. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

As I mentioned in my post recently
    http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/tesla-roadster/2355-tesla-australia-4.html#post36955
    Simon Hackett LINK the owner of the only Tesla Roadster in Australia (to my knowledge) has entered his roadster in the Global Green Challenge starting this Saturday in Darwin and driving directly south to Adelaide a mere 3,000 Km \ 1850 Miles through the red centre of Australia. Global Green Challenge / Route Maps
    He has started a blog on his company web site here Internode Blog
    Scroll to the bottom of the page for his first post and you can follow him and his team's journey over the next week.

2. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

It sounds like a contest who see who lied the most.

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

My take was that the gas guzzlers were easiest to make the largest % improvement over rated economy by driving them conservatively.

For instance, based on the rules of this contest, if you got 15MPG from a car normally rated for 10MPG you would "win" over a team that got 50MPG from a car rated normally for 40MPG. (50% improvement vs 25% improvement.)

Keeping a big V8 at very low RPMs can make a big difference in fuel economy, but then you give up all the performance potential that is normally used in a car like that.

5. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator