Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin-built MYLR Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone here taken delivery of Austin-built MYLR most recently?

Just wondering what differences do these units have over Fremont-built and how's the built quality thus far especially coming from a newly commissioned gigafactory?

I have read from a few months back when they were talking about a rumor of Texas finally starting to build LR with 4680 battery which turned out to be a hoax (at least for the time being).

I am scheduled to take delivery of MYLR next week and strange enough, I'm from SoCal and yet, I'm getting one from Texas.

Has anyone here taken delivery of Austin-built MYLR most recently?

Just wondering what differences do these units have over Fremont-built and how's the built quality thus far especially coming from a newly commissioned gigafactory?

I have read from a few months back when they were talking about a rumor of Texas finally starting to build LR with 4680 battery which turned out to be a hoax (at least for the time being).

I am scheduled to take delivery of MYLR next week and strange enough, I'm from SoCal and yet, I'm getting one from Texas.
It seems like they are now shipping them nationwide. I've seen MIA MYLR cars in NY, WI and FL now in various FB groups. Can't comment on the quality.

Reactions: NoNoise
I've had my Austin built MYLR for a month and I'm very happy with it. For a while it seemed like everyone wanted an Austin MY because it is supposed to have, I believe, a one piece stamped steel frame which I guess is supposed to be lighter and give quieter ride, or something like that, but now the Fremont MY comes with Matrix headlights and so now everyone wants one of those. The Austin has a cargo cover in the rear which works nicely and folds away when you're not using it (which is most of the time for me, so can't say it excites me that much).

I'm not one to obsess over frunk and trunk gaps, mine looks pretty nice on the casual inspection I've given. I drove an early Model S and looked at misaligned door trim in my side view mirror for 9 years and it never bothered me that much though. I haven't had any rattles or squeaks, the handling and acceleration is way better than I expected. Auto-dim bright lights suck but maybe that will get better with updates.

I’ve had two Fremont Ys (2021 and 2022) and one Austin Y (delivered two weeks ago pre hurricane) and can say there are almost no real differences except the cargo cover and the doors take a slight more force to close (you can’t just “kid close” them). Gaps are the same. My last two were fairly solid with minimal gaps but they do exist near the rear hatch.

It’s early but I do like how this Austin Y drives. I don’t know if there have been suspension changes (doubt it). I don’t notice any wind noises nor rattles.

4678F683-3F5C-4109-B77C-18C85B34BBD7.jpeg

I got an Austin MYLR VIN today. I was hoping for matrix, as thats the one "option" from what I understand that you can't upgrade to later, but oh well. I've lived without matrix lights the rest of my life...I'm sure I'll make it with this one:) Can't wait for next weekend delivery.

Reactions: NoNoise