Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin - new facility coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a "future Model 3 owner", as your signature says, I think you can safely assume the service center under construction will be open long before you order your car. Other than that, why would you care?
Not to speak for them, but some people just like to participate with the community or keep an eye on the future. Your assessment could apply to almost any discussion on this forum that one partakes in while not currently having a Tesla car.

As a "future Model 3 owner", as your signature says, I think you can safely assume the service center under construction will be open long before you order your car. Other than that, why would you care?
I know one cannot properly judge ones tone from a post, but c'mon, you sure come off like a jerk. What does it matter to you why I asked? I clearly know it would be open by the time the 3s are out. I happen to be looking at CPOs as well and was just curious how the progress on the new facility was coming.

I'll be sure to check with you before I post next time to make sure it's okay and make sure you understand that I really do care. Sheesh...:rolleyes:

I talked to the service center today to schedule a tire rotation. He mentioned that it would be end of August or beginning of September to schedule due to the move. The move itself could disrupt some of the service out of the service center for up to two weeks in August.

Stopped by today to get a closer look.
Lots of contractor trucks around. The outside looks mostly complete and there are a ton of folks working on the inside.
The exterior already has the logo and name on the outside and the parking lot is mostly complete as well.
Looks pretty close now :)

A supercharger on 183 would be a odd place to put it, but easier for Tesla as they already own the location.
If there was one between San Marcos and Waco a better location could be the 130/45 intersection in Stone Hill Town Center.
Lots of food options there.

Selfishly, I'd love that as a Supercharger location, but I don't see enough Teslas in the area for that to happen, and somewhere along I35 would probably make more sense looking at the placement of the rest of the network. Are there any other Superchargers on toll roads in general? In any case, Stone Hill Town Center already has several level 2 Chargepoint slots (that are currently free) near the movie theater.

//TB

I really doubt they would put a supercharger here.
I plan on stopping by on Sunday - maybe when there are no contractors around so I can get some pictures of the place.
The building seems purpose built and kind of Tesla stylish

There are lots of uses for a supercharger at a Tesla facility that don't involve the long distance traveling public-- charging service loaners for rapid turnaround, charging cars being delivered, troubleshooting cars with DC charging issues, etc.
Agreed - It would be of use the service center itself to have one, especially if there are a whole bunch of Model ☰ deliveries.
But none of those are "public use" use cases
I'm not sure the site is big enough for a normal public supercharger, but at least it's significantly larger than the old location.

Here are some pictures that I took of the new Service Center on last Saturday, probably just a few days after the signage was installed. I looked around but didn't see any electrical conduits that would indicate they might be intending to install superchargers.
IMG_1205.jpg
IMG_1206.jpg
IMG_1204.jpg