Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alrighty trying to compare so I did some number crunching of figures to decide if this is worthwhile for me, (TL:DR - Thinking it will be!).

Looking at the OVO EV Plan...

Current provider:
NSW Origin Energy
Daily Supply - 85.150 c/day
General Usage - 35.37 c/kWh
Solar FiT - 10c/kWh

NSW OVO EV Plan offer
Daily Supply - 90.20 c/day
General Usage - 36.3 c/kWh
Solar FiT - 8c/kWh

Lets say I use 2000kWh a quarter (90days)
Origin - $707.4
OVO - $726

Solar Exported in a quarter 1500 kWh
Origin (10c FiT) - $150
OVO (8c FiT) - $120

Outright cost difference going to OVO : (daily supply + general usage + reduced solar FiT = $53.15 a quarter more.

So OVO seems worse at first look, but this doesn't factor in the off peak 12-6am window and the free 3 hours a day which would I assume more than make up for with, charging Tesla overnight, using appliances during the free period or off peak period (a/c ducted, dishwasher, washing machine etc)

Ie Charging Tesla to 100% 60whr battery
OVO = $4.80
Origin = $21.20
x that by a fortnight (as I only do approx 200km a week)
Means just on the Tesla charging alone I'd save $100 a quarter, plus the other benefits mentioned above re. appliances.

Feel like no brainer then and OVO the better choice for me!

It works out better for some like me because I work from home most days so I can take advantage of those free 3 hours and go full blast on electricity around the home and charge the EV and my home battery too. Especially on those cloudy days when the solar just won't cut it.

It works out better for some like me because I work from home most days so I can take advantage of those free 3 hours and go full blast on electricity around the home and charge the EV and my home battery too. Especially on those cloudy days when the solar just won't cut it.

yeah would be similar my wife only works part time, so is home 4 days in the week so this would be good.

Question for those in NSW with solar on OVO, it says on the sign up form, "It looks like you have solar installed at this property. Please confirm that your solar system is less than 5kW of solar PV panels. If this is not the case, OVO Energy reserves the right to cancel your application"

..Well I have 22 x 300w panels on my roof which = to 6.6kw, BUT my inverter is only a 5kw system (SolarEdge SE5000H), so is this ok to proceed?

Hoping Yes 🙏

yeah would be similar my wife only works part time, so is home 4 days in the week so this would be good.

Question for those in NSW with solar on OVO, it says on the sign up form, "It looks like you have solar installed at this property. Please confirm that your solar system is less than 5kW of solar PV panels. If this is not the case, OVO Energy reserves the right to cancel your application"

..Well I have 22 x 300w panels on my roof which = to 6.6kw, BUT my inverter is only a 5kw system (SolarEdge SE5000H), so is this ok to proceed?

Hoping Yes 🙏

I have 6.6kw and a battery, no issues for me in NSW. I don't even remember them asking about it when I signed up 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Mes1
Anyone using these low-profile mud flaps? They look like a nice alternative to the ones that are chunky that actually damage the paint and seem quite flexible.

Anyone using these low-profile mud flaps? They look like a nice alternative to the ones that are chunky that actually damage the paint and seem quite flexible.

I know @dronus installed some mud flaps not too long ago. Not sure which ones though.

Reactions: dronus
I know @dronus installed some mud flaps not too long ago. Not sure which ones though.
IMG_8837.jpeg

Reactions: Mes1 and Tesl3on

Hoping Yes 🙏
Yes, the inverter caps your system at 5kW, so you can confirm installation of a 5kW solar system.

Reactions: Mes1
Yes, the inverter caps your system at 5kW, so you can confirm installation of a 5kW solar system.
Thanks mate, would you or anyone have any idea what this means?

I'm supposed to get the free window in the plan 3 hours a day 11am to 2pm

Why does it say "no"

Didn't get a chance to call em, so thought to ask, but will call em tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20240215_205815.jpg
    20240215_205815.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 18