Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had these for the model Y and end up replacing it with the mesh fabric with Velcro. Why? Since it’s hard plastic, the kids use it to scrap crap off the bottom of their shoes.

Edit: for those using chargeHQ and have multiple Tesla. What is the best workaround? Multiple accounts or easier to switch car in the app before charging?
Do you have a link for the mesh & velcro vent covers or were they DYI?

Yo I'm in nsw but with endeavour, wonder if I can get the same as this?

Also mention of referral would I get a cheaper rate if I get code from someone?

Thanks!

Best would be to search for your address to see if you can sign up:

I can pm you a referral if you wanted to go ahead, you'll get $120 credit over 12 months. Just let me know :)

Reactions: Mes1
Best would be to search for your address to see if you can sign up:

I can pm you a referral if you wanted to go ahead, you'll get $120 credit over 12 months. Just let me know :)
Thanks mate will check if eligible and let ya know, cheers! $120 towards more tesla accessories 😀

Reactions: dronus and sammody
I was able to change to the EV Plan which includes 12am-6am 0.8c/kw as well as 3 hours free daily 11-2 and the better FIT of 8c and lower peak rate. If anyone wants to join up please use my referral so we both gain a nice credit :D

www.ovoenergy.com.au/refer/david12294

1707964433425.png

Thanks mate, what brand is that one?

Comes with the shade and the additional silver insert which goes on top to black out all light and heat.
Ive been using it in this adelaide heat and it works heaps good. Has little clip things to hold it up but its a snug fit snyway

• Love
Reactions: dan_brooks
That's unfair.. why does SA get heaps higher rates than everyone else?
Because the share holders demand more stock bonuses, the executive want bigger boats and the govt wants more gst.
But they tell us its because its out of their control… yep… sell the utilities to private companies and this is what happens…

And, now there is talk of charging us to export to the grid!

Reactions: Jules22
SA has to run a lot of wires out a long way to places where there aren't many people buying electricity. Everyone in the state ends up paying for that.
WA is a pretty big place too though. QLD is no spring chicken. Its pretty disproportionate though, and if it actually cost that much money to run wires (which are already there, but might need maintaining) the wholesaler wouldn't be making record profits year after year...

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 13.53.41.png

Reactions: Jules22
WA is a pretty big place too though. QLD is no spring chicken. Its pretty disproportionate though, and if it actually cost that much money to run wires (which are already there, but might need maintaining) the wholesaler wouldn't be making record profits year after year...
WA's grid only covers a relatively small portion of the south-west though. Areas outside that charge about 30c/kWh and $1.10/day, but that's a rate that's been subsidised by the WA government.

SAPN isn't a "wholesaler", they're a distributor (they don't buy and sell electricity, they charge to move it from one place to another). Distributors prices are regulated to a fixed rate of return - their costs and charges have to be approved by the AER. For example:

The AER "Determination" for SAPN's next 5-year regulatory period (2025-2029) has started, there's points in the process where you can make submissions if you want (this is the bit where they decide on things like export tariffs):

Reactions: dronus
WA's grid only covers a relatively small portion of the south-west though. Areas outside that charge about 30c/kWh and $1.10/day, but that's a rate that's been subsidised by the WA government.

SAPN isn't a "wholesaler", they're a distributor (they don't buy and sell electricity, they charge to move it from one place to another). Distributors prices are regulated to a fixed rate of return - their costs and charges have to be approved by the AER. For example:

The AER "Determination" for SAPN's next 5-year regulatory period (2025-2029) has started, there's points in the process where you can make submissions if you want (this is the bit where they decide on things like export tariffs):

Yeah i was just reading that

I was able to change to the EV Plan which includes 12am-6am 0.8c/kw as well as 3 hours free daily 11-2 and the better FIT of 8c and lower peak rate. If anyone wants to join up please use my referral so we both gain a nice credit :D

www.ovoenergy.com.au/refer/david12294

View attachment 1018452

Alrighty trying to compare so I did some number crunching of figures to decide if this is worthwhile for me, (TL:DR - Thinking it will be!).

Looking at the OVO EV Plan...

Current provider:
NSW Origin Energy
Daily Supply - 85.150 c/day
General Usage - 35.37 c/kWh
Solar FiT - 10c/kWh

NSW OVO EV Plan offer
Daily Supply - 90.20 c/day
General Usage - 36.3 c/kWh
Solar FiT - 8c/kWh

Lets say I use 2000kWh a quarter (90days)
Origin - $707.4
OVO - $726

Solar Exported in a quarter 1500 kWh
Origin (10c FiT) - $150
OVO (8c FiT) - $120

Outright cost difference going to OVO : (daily supply + general usage + reduced solar FiT = $53.15 a quarter more.

So OVO seems worse at first look, but this doesn't factor in the off peak 12-6am window and the free 3 hours a day which would I assume more than make up for with, charging Tesla overnight, using appliances during the free period or off peak period (a/c ducted, dishwasher, washing machine etc)

Ie Charging Tesla to 100% 60whr battery
OVO = $4.80
Origin = $21.20
x that by a fortnight (as I only do approx 200km a week)
Means just on the Tesla charging alone I'd save $100 a quarter, plus the other benefits mentioned above re. appliances.

Feel like no brainer then and OVO the better choice for me!

Reactions: sammody and dronus