Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks interesting - I am not sure it's as refined as the actual S3XY knob, but for that price it's worth a try.

My S3XY knob (genuine) should be delivered this month 🤞

As for the stalks....pfft, what are stalks again? .😋
Yeah if anything it shows that the concept isnt so out of reach, its just the refinement in execution, manufacturing and software.

I dont think i even need the cheaper version still, but might give it a go for giggles

Reactions: PcS000
Yeah if anything it shows that the concept isnt so out of reach, its just the refinement in execution, manufacturing and software.

I dont think i even need the cheaper version still, but might give it a go for giggles
I thought about cancelling my order a few weeks ago but I couldn't be bothered going through the process. Plus you actually get more than just the knob - You get their OBD unit (Commander) and then you get access to other stuff.

Reactions: dronus
It looks interesting - I am not sure it's as refined as the actual S3XY knob, but for that price it's worth a try.

My S3XY knob (genuine) should be delivered this month 🤞

As for the stalks....pfft, what are stalks again? .😋
I ordered the Commander and the buttons but not the knob.. may do at some point but not sure yet.
Also, the website shows the Highland version for the knob is available in July? Maybe make sure you ordered the correct one.

I ordered the Commander and the buttons but not the knob.. may do at some point but not sure yet.
Also, the website shows the Highland version for the knob is available in July? Maybe make sure you ordered the correct one.
yep, ordered back in October (specifically the Highland version) when they first released them. They said (through an email) I'd have to wait until March before the Highland version would be ready.

Truthfully, the knob is probably overkill but I think it will be handy.

yep, ordered back in October (specifically the Highland version) when they first released them. They said (through an email) I'd have to wait until March before the Highland version would be ready.

Excellent, keen to hear your thoughts on it.

I think I would like it for the ability to use as like a secondary gear selector, as, to be honest, I am not loving the slider on the screen for gear selection.
I find it a bit clumsy.

Indicators are a non issue, I actually like having those on the wheel. If Enhance release an aftermarket indicator stalk I would see no reason for me to get it.

Reactions: Tesl3on and PcS000
Excellent, keen to hear your thoughts on it.

I think I would like it for the ability to use as like a secondary gear selector, as, to be honest, I am not loving the slider on the screen for gear selection.
I find it a bit clumsy.

Indicators are a non issue, I actually like having those on the wheel. If Enhance release an aftermarket indicator stalk I would see no reason for me to get it.
I have experienced the clumsiness a couple of times. I was backing out of a parking spot and there was a car waiting to go in, I quickly swiped up to put it into Drive (but didn't noticed the chime hadn't gone off), then went to move away and immediately realised I was heading the wrong direction. I swiped into Drive and headed off.

I kind of understand why they've used swipe method but I think some clear buttons on the screen would be better, in place of the swiping. Or give you the option to change between the two? The roof mounted buttons are fine but you have to get them to activate before you can use them - so, they're not a convenient alternative for me.

However, I like the flexibility the car has and to be able to even consider changes like these to be possible in an OTA update.

I have experienced the clumsiness a couple of times. I was backing out of a parking spot and there was a car waiting to go in, I quickly swiped up to put it into Drive (but didn't noticed the chime hadn't gone off), then went to move away and immediately realised I was heading the wrong direction. I swiped into Drive and headed off.

I kind of understand why they've used swipe method but I think some clear buttons on the screen would be better, in place of the swiping. Or give you the option to change between the two? The roof mounted buttons are fine but you have to get them to activate before you can use them - so, they're not a convenient alternative for me.

However, I like the flexibility the car has and to be able to even consider changes like these to be possible in an OTA update.
I think having the roof mounted buttons on the front of the wireless charging pad would be a good spot. I think the Model X or S had that?
Just have it so it auto activates when the car reaches the same speed that activates our swipe function currently.

They could (in software) make the overhead buttons activate when the side swiper actives now so you can use them.

Personally i havent had any issues swiping the screen, or the auto shift out of park thing takes care of it for me.

I have the knob on order too and thought about cancelling it a few times but I got it on the black friday pricing which I'll never get again.
I think it will have its uses, and the team are very active about adding new features, improvements and updates to tesla compatability. I am not sure you would get the same experience from one of these China knobs - when the software inevitably breaks them one day, they will be landfill.

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
I have the knob on order too and thought about cancelling it a few times but I got it on the black friday pricing which I'll never get again.
I think it will have its uses, and the team are very active about adding new features, improvements and updates to tesla compatability. I am not sure you would get the same experience from one of these China knobs - when the software inevitably breaks them one day, they will be landfill.
Yeah if they could make it a bit cheaper id look at it again. In their latest video it looks like a recent car update broke something, will be interesting to see how they go fixing it

Nothing beats these when it comes to longevity of smell. Just pop it on one of the side door pockets and even when not fully open is very strong.

IMG_9650.jpeg

How are people finding after market wheel covers? Love the bare look on the stealth grey but going a black car and not sure I like it as much and tossing up between 18s with after markets or getting the 19s.
Do the aftermarket’s cause issues with balancing/vibrations/ noise ?
Ive seen lots online, one of the benefits of the aftermarket caps are that some of them protect the rims from gutter rash. No reports of balance issues but thats not to say it wont hapoen

How are people finding after market wheel covers? Love the bare look on the stealth grey but going a black car and not sure I like it as much and tossing up between 18s with after markets or getting the 19s.
Do the aftermarket’s cause issues with balancing/vibrations/ noise ?
I outlaid about $260 for a set of covers that match wheels underneath…but the loopy things wouldn’t go on. No matter what tried. Tried each cover on two of the wheels and gave up. It’s like they’re just that tiny bit too small. I’d get 80% on then try push the last bit on and then another side popped off. I gave up and bought the centre hub covers instead.
Not too pleased with the outcome of my purchase.

The ones on the previous car were spot on and saved me three time from rashing the rims

Last edited:
I have received three items, with one (my floormats) outstanding on a 13 Feb order - left the Yanwen sorting centre 20 Feb and nothing since. The items delivered were left in unusual places - well, not the spots used by other couriers and at higher risk of being picked up by random passers-by. So, I concur, a patchy service at best. A pity as the accessories themselves seem good.
Same here, no idea where my mats are, emailing them has been no use at all. I am tempted to cancel and get my credit company to reverse the payment.