Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this cheap usb2 hub but good excuse to go down to officeworks and get a usb3 hub.

View attachment 1044202

IMG_0371.jpeg

i ended up with this arrangement.
The dashcam is going to the Tesla drive and I bombed up that 2tb T7 with music.

IMG_0370.jpeg

It seems to be cataloging it.

Reactions: edy80y
I use a single t7 for sentry, music and boombox. No need for a usb hub.
I was just using the t7 for everything too but have been playing around with adding music manually so I didn’t want to be removing the sentry drive so much. I’m still experimenting using teslausb on the raspi0 and may go back to that, or the single t7.
See how it pans out, I’ll get bored of playing with the setup soon enough.

In 2022 when my model Y was delivered I bought one of these and swapped the built in module - easy process. Now use both ports for my own music. I know that several other members use the ports for playstations etc. Haven't checked if the Highlander will take the modification but can't see why it wouldn't.

Center Console Data Transmission USB Recovery Fast Charging Module For Tesla Model 3 Model Y 2022-2023​

Photo of my centre console bottom area.
IMG_3726.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: dronus
Interesting that when I first get in the car and go to play music from usb (don’t worry, this will wear off soon!) it takes ages to load up.
It’s like it is loading the whole drive again…
That might get annoying.

View attachment 1044420View attachment 1044421
It is faster than the initial load the first time, but still a few minuites for admittedly about a tb of music.
I’m guessing it rescans it to look for changes.

Reactions: Jules22
Interesting.
Having the side repeater camera vision coming up when the indicators are on started to annoy me, especially when sitting at the lights, so I turned them off.

Now, everytime I go to drive I get this gentle reminder.

IMG_0393.jpeg

Interesting.
Having the side repeater camera vision coming up when the indicators are on started to annoy me, especially when sitting at the lights, so I turned them off.

Now, everytime I go to drive I get this gentle reminder.

View attachment 1044489
I keep mine on, but have dragged it to the top right corner of the map. didn't like it on the right pane.

Reactions: dronus