Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey all on another note, is there a UMC update or something? as my Tesla meant to be charging at 10amp on normal powerpoint but its only charging at 8amp, read somewhere setting charge limit under current charge rate and waiting and puttint it back to 100% fixes and forces UMC to update to 10amp but it hasn't done so yet.

Any ideas?

wow so this is really interesting. Seems several other makers have had the same recall for their icons being fractionally too small etc.

The other makers said they couldn't do it and got exempted. Tesla say sure, no problem, we'll fix it OTA, and they get all the BS negative press...

Amazing isn't it. One day if people wake up to this click bait "media" they will see how they have been deceived. Unfortunately more people will die in the meantime and the world will slow down its progress in being a better place.

Just have to follow the money and relationships between the people who own the MSM outlets, governments and the companies that provide "donations" to them. Its all a bit corrupt..

As Public Enemy said - Dont Believe the Hype

Reactions: AusMar and Jules22
hey all on another note, is there a UMC update or something? as my Tesla meant to be charging at 10amp on normal powerpoint but its only charging at 8amp, read somewhere setting charge limit under current charge rate and waiting and puttint it back to 100% fixes and forces UMC to update to 10amp but it hasn't done so yet.

Any ideas?
This is the answer i got when i contacted Tesla Service about it (was finding it hard to hear info second hand)

You can perform the below exercise to trigger an off-board update on your Mobile Connector -
  • Make sure the vehicle's battery state of charge (SOC) is above 50%.
  • Move the SOC target slider on the vehicle's touchscreen to a value below the current state of charge.
  • Connect the vehicle to the Gen 2 UMC.
  • Make sure all vehicle doors are closed and Climate System is off.
  • The UMC update will start as soon as the center display is off.
  • The update may take between 5-10 minutes. On the Gen 2 UMC, the Tesla "T" LED will flash green during the update process which is expected.
Please note, there is a known characteristic with vehicle software 2023.20 or newer that is causing UMC updates to fail.

Please connect to a strong Wi-Fi connection whenever possible to allow future firmware updates to download when they become available.

Reactions: Mes1
Can always folliw carsales recommend EV buying guide….

IMG_8886.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Mes1 and Jules22
Thanks for sharing dronus, hrmm seems similar to mine how it sits,

just thought it would be more aligned ie. solid like the rest of the car, anyways have it booked in to inspect, maybe that's just how its meant to be but strange as rest of car solidly put together but this feels dangling loose and not a good fit, also the driver side is way looser than passenger side so the gaps not even
Be prepared for tesla to tell you “it is within spec”

Reactions: dronus
Thanks for sharing dronus, hrmm seems similar to mine how it sits,

just thought it would be more aligned ie. solid like the rest of the car, anyways have it booked in to inspect, maybe that's just how its meant to be but strange as rest of car solidly put together but this feels dangling loose and not a good fit, also the driver side is way looser than passenger side so the gaps not even
Just checked mine, it does have some give in it, but is all alligned so no real issue here.

Reactions: Mes1 and dronus
Be prepared for tesla to tell you “it is within spec”
ahh the famous words I hear everyone quote haha no worries, fingers crossed.

Oh and whats the process after drop off, can I run through the issues with a physical person there to explain it all so they know what to look for and how to check? And do they provide a loan car if my car's gonna be there all day or next day or so?

THanks

Oh and whats the process after drop off, can I run through the issues with a physical person there to explain it all so they know what to look for and how to check? And do they provide a loan car if my car's gonna be there all day or next day or so?

THanks
I’m not sure as I’m in SA so I don’t know how the service centre is managed in your state

Reactions: Mes1
So just checked in car, and it says that the new adaptive headlights are now active. Will have to check it out at night but good news!
Great news - there hadn't been any confirmation this was coming to Australia.

Here's hoping they will introduce it on the older models as well in due course (as is the rumour).

Did a lot of EAP/FSD on the way out, I know I've said it before but I gotta say again I just LOVE that we don't have to tug the wheel anymore for a lane change!
I've seen your comments on this - I don't share the same experience. In my 2023 M3 it is necessary to have the same "anti-nag" torque on the wheel, and if I don't it will flash blue prior to lane changing, but I've never felt the need to tug the wheel. I just have continuous torque on the wheel at all times and rarely get the blue flashing for lane changes.

I have variously used "driver initiated lane change with stalk only", "suggested lane change with stalk confirmation", and I am currently using "just go for it and change lanes with no confirmation and I'll intervene if necessary" mode. (Which has been surprising good lately except for the usual pointless "changing lanes to follow route" things which I believe are mapping problems rather than NoA problems.)

Have you guys tried using shortcuts through iPhone yet with the Tesla? I think it might solve one issue I have, I want to only charge daily from 10pm - 6am to take advantage of off peak juice. I can see you can create a shortcut to start charging via a shortcut and then stop charging via a shortcut which I could schedule daily. Any thoughts or people used this yet?

I was thinking today how you could stop charging at a certain time to utilise the lowest tarrif during the day 10am-3pm. I had got home a bit later than expected and wanted to stop by 3pm but had to set myself a reminder like a schmuck.
I cant see anywhere in the tesla stuff to do it, but im also interested to hear if shortcuts can be used.
I have successfully used iPhone shortcuts to control charging.

It is possible to both start/stop charging and also change charge limit - which can be another way of stopping charging "unless it hasn't reached the new charge limit yet in which case keep charging" kind of automation - which can be handy if there's a certain charge you need for the planned day's drive and you want that even if charging goes into peak electricity. You can complicate charging if necessary.

Having said that, I've done that and it worked. But I don't bother any more most of the time - I have found it more convenient to just schedule a start time in the car at midnight (off-peak start for me) and set a charge limit as appropriate to whatever charge I need or current SOC+33% (which is what I can charge in 6 hours from my 15A GPO).

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus
I've seen your comments on this - I don't share the same experience. In my 2023 M3 it is necessary to have the same "anti-nag" torque on the wheel, and if I don't it will flash blue prior to lane changing, but I've never felt the need to tug the wheel.
Yeah, I'm not certain what setting may have caused this or if it was just a software version thing, but this was back in Sept/Oct in a 2020 M3. It wasn't the normal apply torque, it was asking to do a slight turn whenever you or it wanted to change lanes. I've seen other videos of Australian cars using FSD doing the same thing, so maybe it's related to FSD?

Either way it is definitely gone now in the latest versions (at least I can confirm for the M3H) so that is a good thing as it was more annoying than the 'apply slight torque' and seemed to knock it out of FSD quite often.

Reactions: dronus
he guys another weird one, cars parked at work, all of a sudden got a notification my boot was open, wtf I thought, checked sentry and surely it was up! hah so I closed it asap.

how can my boot with a locked car randomly open? arghh

Reactions: RichY3

THanks
I've used the Parramatta service center recently. Yes, there's a real person to talk to about the issue. A loan car is possible, but they are limited and you cannot book them. It's a first-come-first-served system. I was flexible about coming back another day and was ... "luckier" and got an old M3 for the day. Side note: very glad I waited for the highland.