Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 highland accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the stock carpet ones the Model 3 comes with. So far they've been OK. But I really need to clean KITT. Got our 3 week check up this Monday for the PPF wrap. Was told not to wash the car until that check up. So keen to clean it next weekend.

Carpet inside is doing OK. Got a lot of pubes that need vacuuming up. Will just do it all in one go next weekend.

Keen to get better floor mats but want something more carpet than plastic. But not looking to get too many accessories too quickly. One every 2 weeks is what the missus is allowing. 😂
I ended up with rubber mats thru out but my dog is a pube dispensary. The big boi car dryer also double ups to blow all the hairs out really well.
Other things I’ve found good are the sill protectors for the doors and for the boot. Those carpet edges will get worn pretty quick.

Good idea to pace yourself, you’ll work out what you need and have time to find good items.

I ended up with rubber mats thru out but my dog is a pube dispensary. The big boi car dryer also double ups to blow all the hairs out really well.
Other things I’ve found good are the sill protectors for the doors and for the boot. Those carpet edges will get worn pretty quick.

Good idea to pace yourself, you’ll work out what you need and have time to find good items.
Oh yes. I saw from this thread you got those protectors for the door sill. I definitely want to get those. Already seeing marks on mine that I want to avoid.

I guess the issue is there isn't a curated list of what accessories people have ordered that work well. If that was available it'd take so much guess work out.

Reactions: dronus
Oh yes. I saw from this thread you got those protectors for the door sill. I definitely want to get those. Already seeing marks on mine that I want to avoid.

I guess the issue is there isn't a curated list of what accessories people have ordered that work well. If that was available it'd take so much guess work out.
I could probably put a list together of the things I’ve gathered, there are probably better versions of things but I could provide feed back on the ones I chose anyway.
Just need to find time to do it.
Also sellers come and go etc.

I could probably put a list together of the things I’ve gathered, there are probably better versions of things but I could provide feed back on the ones I chose anyway.
Just need to find time to do it.
Also sellers come and go etc.
That would be awesome if you did. I know it'd be a huge help to me, as well as anyone else just starting out on their Tesla accessories journey. 😊

Reactions: dronus
For what it’s worth and each to their own etc. but almost every accessory I have purchased for our current two Teslas (and there have been a lot believe me) has been from AliExpress. A large percentage of the products other websites sell are just drop shipped from the same Chinese manufacturers anyway. I have seen identical product shots on some websites and AliExpress listings and the direct from AliExpress prices are often way cheaper. In fact I’m pretty sure that the only non AliExpress accessories I have purchased are the genuine ones I bought directly from Tesla.

Just ordered the Tesla mobile connector and their middle tray inserts.
Booking in for a ceramic coating too.
What’s next? Like the idea of the storage bins for the rear boot.
Keen to get other’s advice and recommendations.
My no-regrets purchases:
Roof sunshade (mine is Haloblk grey)
Dog seat cover
Front inlet rubbish guard and one for the cabin air intake under the bonnet
Floormats (again, Haloblk)
Front seat belt insert silicone cover (for scratch prevention but I like the feel of it each time I belt up)
Dash sunshade (Haloblk umbrella silver version)
Performance pedals (after recovering from putting them on)
Front and rear screen protectors - for protection from a) me, and b) the dog
Front console bin (for gym tags etc that otherwise disappear into the depths of the storage area)
Boot/Trunk/Frunk rubber liners
Boot lip liner
Mud flaps

Now I see where the money went.

My no-regrets purchases:
Dog seat cover
Front seat belt insert silicone cover (for scratch prevention but I like the feel of it each time I belt up)
Front console bin (for gym tags etc that otherwise disappear into the depths of the storage area)
Boot lip liner
Mud flaps

I just put some of that non slip mat stuff under the dog seat cover thing, seems to work well stopping it sliding around.
I might see about fixing it to the underside of the cover, but I’m pretty certain I’m too lazy to do that so it will just stay how it is :)

Hey folks. Managed to borrow a UMC to test charging at home tonight, and even though it's beyond slow its super exciting to be able to do this.

Will include some photos below, but I am now sorely tempted to get one of these sooner rather than later. But wondering if anyone can tell me what the Tesla Cable Organiser for $55 uses to adhere to the wall. Is it screws or renter-friendly adhesive strip's?

Or could I use adhesive strip's to attach the two parts to the wall to keep the cable neat during charging, and help support the weight?

1000028267.jpg

1000028266.jpg

Hey folks. Managed to borrow a UMC to test charging at home tonight, and even though it's beyond slow its super exciting to be able to do this.

Will include some photos below, but I am now sorely tempted to get one of these sooner rather than later. But wondering if anyone can tell me what the Tesla Cable Organiser for $55 uses to adhere to the wall. Is it screws or renter-friendly adhesive strip's?

Or could I use adhesive strip's to attach the two parts to the wall to keep the cable neat during charging, and help support the weight?

View attachment 1051236

View attachment 1051237
It should just sit there but another option is to get a short but heavy duty extension cord (don’t get a cheap thin one) and use it to lower the UmC to the ground or a table. If you know a sparky get them to make one up for you with decent conductors and plugs.
If it’s just 10a you should be fine with the best one you can find. Just feel the cable, it shouldn’t be getting warm.

My no-regrets purchases:
Dog seat cover
Boot lip liner
Mud flaps

Wouldn’t want you feeling bad, so I’ll try and catch-up on a few more goodies.

I’ve ordered the pedals and rear storage bins.

What’s the bootlip liner ?