Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alrighty all, back from tinthaus, pics as promised! I had Graphene coating done, darkest legal tint all round including rear pano roof, and interior protection.
Wow! Looks amazing!!
My tint place wont do the back window but i noticed the heat on my arms today from the side windows… getting done thursday.

That blue pops!

IMG_8866.jpeg

IMG_8865.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Tesl3on and Mes1
Nah dunno man i just got the controller for the car.

Separate question.. in the app you can have a shortcut to open the drivers door.
Has anyone seen a way to change this to a different door?

I have downloaded the Tessie app, just to test out before I commit to paying for subscription. It allows you to open any door.

I also have the Watchla app, which cost $10 but allows me to control the car from my Apple Watch. That too lets you choose which door to open from your watch.

I like the Watchla app, it is nice having my key on my watch so I can nip out without my phone.

Probably will cancel Tessie, it’s nice, but $8 a month? Probably not.

• Informative
Reactions: dronus and paulp
Wow! Looks amazing!!
My tint place wont do the back window but i noticed the heat on my arms today from the side windows… getting done thursday.

That blue pops!

View attachment 1015466
View attachment 1015468
Thanks man yeah they did a fantastic job.

Yeh I asked a few other places first which didn't do it. But these guys are Tesla tinting pros when I rocked up this morning they had 3 model 3 highlands also there to work on.

They have experience installing it and also know that ceramic tint retains heat while blocking which is no good for roof, so they did xpel xr black ceramic tint on sides and xpel carbon on rear as carbon tint reflects heat .

Reactions: AusMar and dronus
Thanks man yeah they did a fantastic job.

Yeh I asked a few other places first which didn't do it. But these guys are Tesla tinting pros when I rocked up this morning they had 3 model 3 highlands also there to work on.

They have experience installing it and also know that ceramic tint retains heat while blocking which is no good for roof, so they did xpel xr black ceramic tint on sides and xpel carbon on rear as carbon tint reflects heat .
Cool. I guess less experienced place might just use one type only or are hesitant incase they do it wrong and crack a window

Reactions: Mes1
I have downloaded the Tessie app, just to test out before I commit to paying for subscription. It allows you to open any door.

I also have the Watchla app, which cost $10 but allows me to control the car from my Apple Watch. That too lets you choose which door to open from your watch.

I like the Watchla app, it is nice having my key on my watch so I can nip out without my phone.

Suprised the tesla app doesnt do it natively

Does watchla use your watch as another key?

Reactions: Murphster
Does watchla use your watch as another key?

Yes. Works well. Although haven’t worked out how to get it to unlock automatically. I swear it did first time I used it but not that last couple of times. Had to open the app on my phone and hit unlock. But it might be something I did. Need to play with it more.

My issue with his car is that I am always in a rush and never spend enough time just playing with it and setting it up properly. I really should do.

Reactions: dronus
Yes. Works well. Although haven’t worked out how to get it to unlock automatically. I swear it did first time I used it but not that last couple of times. Had to open the app on my phone and hit unlock. But it might be something I did. Need to play with it more.

My issue with his car is that I am always in a rush and never spend enough time just playing with it and setting it up properly. I really should do.
Yeah my concerns would be if i need to enter my tesla account login info to them (if they get hacked later that wont end well) and battery life. I have a fairly recent iwatch but its battery life is terrible.

hey guys it probably sounds like im being super fussy but since its week 1 of ownership I wanna point out as much as possible to get fixed since brand new n all

So I noticed the beam across middle of pano roof is not flush like its not on properly and wobbles when I move it around, can anyone check theirs to see if same?

Photo 1 of me pushing it in, and photo 2 of letting it go and thats where it sits.

Thanks!

Attachments

• letgo.PNG
    letgo.PNG
    325.6 KB · Views: 22
  • pushedinroof.PNG
    pushedinroof.PNG
    384 KB · Views: 22
Disregard - if anyone is in Adelaide and interested here is the AGL TOU times... Ive changed my scheduled charging to reflect this..

Peak 6am -> 10am 48c/kwh
Shoulder 10am -> 3pm 28c/kwh
Peak 3pm -> 1am 48c/kwh
Off Peak 1am -> 6am 32c/kwh

I was originally told off peak was 11pm so thats when i had been running dishwashers/ charging car etc but if im home probs best to crank that up during the day or after 1am. hmmmmmmmm
That is bonkers...You have solar? If not get it asap. Just 3k out of pocket after subsidy for a 6kwh is absolutely worth it I think.

Later can think about some storage so that you can really fine tune what exactly you wish to buy from the providers at what price.

Reactions: dronus and paulp
That is bonkers...You have solar? If not get it asap. Just 3k out of pocket after subsidy for a 6kwh is absolutely worth it I think.

Later can think about some storage so that you can really fine tune what exactly you wish to buy from the providers at what price.
Thanks yep ive got someone coming out today to quote

A while ago someone was talking about software used to extract sentry and dashcam footage. would anyone still have links to such?

I did see a project where, when the person got home it downloaded all the footage to his computer.. that would be good too..

Reactions: Mes1