Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
V4 goodness

IMG_9259.jpeg
IMG_9255.jpeg

@paulp @meloccom when this guy went to plug in he went back to his boot and got an adapter before plugging in.
Would that be a CCS to type 2 adapter? I only saw CCS plugs on the gen4 dispensers but i didnt check all of them
Yes, that would be a CCS2 adapter for Model S/X. They’re a bit clunky to use but work well if you put the adapter on the CCS2 plug first.

Reactions: dronus
Yes, that would be a CCS2 adapter for Model S/X. They’re a bit clunky to use but work well if you put the adapter on the CCS2 plug first.
Ahh yep makes sense. He did clip it on to the ccs2 plug first then put the whole lot in. Having the extra long leads on the v4 charger seemed to help with relieving any stress on the connection too :)
Beautiful car tho.. i havent seen (m)any in Adelaide..

I was wondering what it would take to just create a small umbrella sized top over these chargers to protect these from direct sun, rain and bird poo exposure.
Some of the newer ones in WA have gone down the track of putting shade over the charger and associated cabinets (but not the car using it!) e.g. Halls Creek:

1249872.jpg

Not sure how I feel about the adaptive headlights, driving back from Bendigo last night I seem to have upset quite a few truck drivers heading the other way, and also when approaching from behind.
It also seems to activate the high beams in areas where its just not needed - the Eastern freeway for example, and well enough lit local roads
I eneded up driving most of the way back on TACC with adaptive lights turned off, as there is no way to turn off auto high beam when using AP
For the vehicles with non-adaptive lights, you can turn off auto high beam when using AP just by pushing the left stalk. I switch between auto and manual beam all the time while driving on divided motorway because quite often the auto high beam doesn't dip for oncoming cars in the other carriageway if there is some vegetation etc. When disengaging AP and re-engaging though, it won't remember the last mode it was in, it will default to auto high beam again and you have to push the stalk again to go back to manual.

(To be strictly accurate, there is no "manual high beam" on AP - there is "manual low beam" or "auto" - I can't force it to high beam on AP).

Now, I know you don't have a left stalk (it's been the topic of some discussion here), but surely they've not removed the ability to go to manual low beam on AP - have you checked the manual?

Some of the newer ones in WA have gone down the track of putting shade over the charger and associated cabinets (but not the car using it!) e.g. Halls Creek:

1249872.jpg

For the vehicles with non-adaptive lights, you can turn off auto high beam when using AP just by pushing the left stalk. I switch between auto and manual beam all the time while driving on divided motorway because quite often the auto high beam doesn't dip for oncoming cars in the other carriageway if there is some vegetation etc. When disengaging AP and re-engaging though, it won't remember the last mode it was in, it will default to auto high beam again and you have to push the stalk again to go back to manual.

(To be strictly accurate, there is no "manual high beam" on AP - there is "manual low beam" or "auto" - I can't force it to high beam on AP).

Now, I know you don't have a left stalk (it's been the topic of some discussion here), but surely they've not removed the ability to go to manual low beam on AP - have you checked the manual?
Yep just press the high button and it turns to manual (or select it on the screen)

I get an eye twitch every time I see that Dronus' car is called "Highlander". Isn't that some kind of Toyota model? ;)

Highlander is a 1986 fantasy action-adventure film directed by Russell Mulcahy from a screenplay by Gregory Widen, Peter Bellwood, and Larry Ferguson. It stars Christopher Lambert, Roxanne Hart, Clancy Brown, and Sean Connery. The film chronicles the climax of an age-old war between immortal warriors, depicted through interwoven past and present-day storylines. It is the first film in the Highlander franchise.

Reactions: jeevas123

Highlander is a 1986 fantasy action-adventure film directed by Russell Mulcahy from a screenplay by Gregory Widen, Peter Bellwood, and Larry Ferguson. It stars Christopher Lambert, Roxanne Hart, Clancy Brown, and Sean Connery. The film chronicles the climax of an age-old war between immortal warriors, depicted through interwoven past and present-day storylines. It is the first film in the Highlander franchise.
That was my first guess. A good omen for battery longevity as Highlander lasted for eons.

Reactions: dronus
So i noticed in the security settings today you can customise sentry mode to have either just the sensors or the sendors and the cameras.
I assume the latter would use more standby power ;)
Yeah, there was also a post on X from Drew Baglino (SVP of Powertrain and Energy) saying they have improvements coming in Q2 that will reduce sentry mode power by 40%

Last edited:
Reactions: Mes1 and dronus