Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of the newer ones in WA have gone down the track of putting shade over the charger and associated cabinets (but not the car using it!) e.g. Halls Creek:

1249872.jpg
This is excellent. Just enough to protect the vitals. A sign of things improving as time goes by. 👌👌👌👌👌👌

Reactions: dronus
Wow, that's great. First time I've seen it shown so obviously.
Yeah, I stupidly tried to film it with the phone camera a week ago, wasn't till the next day I realised I should have just hit the dashcam button. It's definitely great here with all the kangaroos etc, you get the full illumination on the side of the road without blinding other drivers.

I've had cars with similar tech but it never worked this well, it would dim much larger sections than necessary.

The more i drive the more i think in an earlier version of the software the max speed would adjust as you went into different speed zones. Im recalling you could just set tacc and it would just do it…

Or am i thinking of autopilot?

I think ive been spoilt for charging speed the past couple of weeks supercharging and fast charging..
Got home with about 30% left and long story short had scheduled charge on which starts at SA amazing off peak time of 1am (back in the day this was 11pm!) so it only got a few hours charge in before having to go back to work.
Might take a few days with commuting and limited charging to catch back up to 100% (or i stop in to one of very few metro fast chargers)

Yeah, I stupidly tried to film it with the phone camera a week ago, wasn't till the next day I realised I should have just hit the dashcam button. It's definitely great here with all the kangaroos etc, you get the full illumination on the side of the road without blinding other drivers.

I've had cars with similar tech but it never worked this well, it would dim much larger sections than necessary.
Thanks for the video, i noticed the adaptedness this morning putting shadows around cars.
It even seemed to do it as I approached a T intersection and cars were going past. Pretty cool.

Reactions: Jules22
I wonder how long it will be until the adaptive matrix headlights full potential gets included into one of the toybox lightshows?
ha, I did take a look through some download sites to see if there was any mention. The light show used to project TESLA from the headlights, I'm assuming it still does I think it was 2021-23 models, but for some strange reason that didn't get implemented on the Highland playing the same light show, probably just needs some different coding to access the new headlights.

I haven't played with the light show designer not sure if you can make the headlights do stuff in it.

I know this mark on the centre arm rest is just me being OCD, but it was on the car when I collected it and I figured an interior detailing spray would make quick work of it, however I was very wrong. I’ve tried both interior cleaners from Gyeon and Chemical Guys, as well as Orange Agent from Bowdens, which is an all purpose cleaner.

Any tips? 😬
IMG_2887.jpeg

I know this mark on the centre arm rest is just me being OCD, but it was on the car when I collected it and I figured an interior detailing spray would make quick work of it, however I was very wrong. I’ve tried both interior cleaners from Gyeon and Chemical Guys, as well as Orange Agent from Bowdens, which is an all purpose cleaner.

Any tips? 😬
View attachment 1021890
Always wear pants when sitting on the centre arm rest.

ha, I did take a look through some download sites to see if there was any mention. The light show used to project TESLA from the headlights, I'm assuming it still does I think it was 2021-23 models, but for some strange reason that didn't get implemented on the Highland playing the same light show, probably just needs some different coding to access the new headlights.

I haven't played with the light show designer not sure if you can make the headlights do stuff in it.
i had a look at the designer but fell short of doing anything constructive. Hoping someone smarter than me publishes something at some stage :)

Reactions: Jules22