Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you ever get a Type 2 - Type 2 cable, I suggest a minimum length of 5 metres and consider getting 7m, depending on where you might think you’d use it. 10m is probably unnecessarily long, as well as quite heavy and unwieldy.

We have a growing number of polechargers in Sydney (which are totally awesome BTW) and once when I tried to use one, my 5m cable was not quite long enough to reach my charge port. Mainly because the person using the other port was badly parked and I couldn’t move forward far enough. I thought “dang it - maybe I should have got a 7m cable”… but 5m has been long enough every other time I’ve used it.
Here in Adelaide I’ve never seen a pole charger. 5m should be fine.
I wish we had pole chargers but in the meantime we have to grateful we have anything at all.

I recommend anyone who is not on the OVO EV Plan to get on it. Charge your car for free every day between 11am and 2pm (helps if you work from home), still get decent Feed in Tarriff of 8c/kw and also you are only charged 8c/kw between 12am-6am if you want to charge between those times makes it worthwhile too. I haven't had to pay to fill up my car for a very long time using my UMC (7kw) or really even pay any electricity bill since I have solar and a battery too.
If anyone wants to sign up and use my referral link, we both get $120 credit paid over 12 months so let me know via PM!

Reactions: MacTessy
I recommend anyone who is not on the OVO EV Plan to get on it. Charge your car for free every day between 11am and 2pm (helps if you work from home), still get decent Feed in Tarriff of 8c/kw and also you are only charged 8c/kw between 12am-6am if you want to charge between those times makes it worthwhile too. I haven't had to pay to fill up my car for a very long time using my UMC (7kw) or really even pay any electricity bill since I have solar and a battery too.
If anyone wants to sign up and use my referral link, we both get $120 credit paid over 12 months so let me know via PM!

Unless you are in South Australia where this is not available.

Yeah, that's a bummer.
Its the price we pay when our utilities get sold off and their shareholders love profits.

SA Power Networks is 51% owned by Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings Limited and Power Assets Holdings Limited, which form part of the Cheung Kong Group of companies. The remaining 49% is owned by Spark Infrastructure, which is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.

How good is their website as well, it shows updates every hour as long as you have a smart meter. I used 26.74kw this day and was only charged 20 cents.

1712053145141.png

• Informative
Reactions: dronus
How good is their website as well, it shows updates every hour as long as you have a smart meter. I used 26.74kw this day and was only charged 20 cents.

View attachment 1034535
In SA during the day (10am - 3pm) without solar the best rate I can find (without going into some dodgey deal where you pay more during other hours) is 28c/kwh so that same 26.74kwh would cost $7.48

Reactions: dronus