Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no don't think so, all I can set is one figure for home charging, and seasons, but no idea how I would even configure seasons

Basically want it to calculate and say 8c/kwhr 12-6am daily, and 0c/kwhr 11am-2pm daily

don't think the app can do this
You can definitely do that. Create a time-of-use rate plan that has Off-Peak from 12am - 6am, Super-off-peak from 11am - 2pm and use mid-peak and/or peak for the remaining times.

Picked up mine today overall the car seems good so far. Looks great and very smooth to drive. Effortless power. Stalks and touch screen biggest storm in a tea cup - pretty easy to get used to.

Unfortunately unlike the rest of you I got a poorly aligned LED strip and door on both sides which has left me a bit disappointed for a $75k car. Which has left me a little flat. I’ve logged a service call but concerned whether they will take it seriously or not.

Just to update a couple of months on. Tesla Chatswood did nothing about the LED and gaslit me a bit saying there was no issue. I get it is minor. I ended up fixing it myself with this from bunnings:

The part on the front windscreen side can be lifted up - it's on clips - then I put some foam underneath now it's perfectly aligned. It only needed to be raised maybe 4-5mm. I will add some photos later.

Otherwise the car has been great. 2000 kms on it now. Drives beautifully. Loving the home level 2 charging it's just so convenient especially with the AGL EV plan it's insanely good value. Hoping they release the speed boost for LR.

Anyone else have/experienced a creaking steering wheel as per this reddit post? My car only has 1,250 kms on the clock and was built late December, 2023.

Subtle movements of the wheel cause it to happen as opposed to large movements (U-turns, roundabouts etc).

I usually listen to music but it’s quite annoying (even under the music) and affects the serene vibe of the cabin that we all love so much.

Reactions: dronus
Anyone else have/experienced a creaking steering wheel as per this reddit post? My car only has 1,250 kms on the clock and was built late December, 2023.

Subtle movements of the wheel cause it to happen as opposed to large movements (U-turns, roundabouts etc).

I usually listen to music but it’s quite annoying (even under the music) and affects the serene vibe of the cabin that we all love so much.
Mine wasn't as loud as that and would usually happen when turning slowly (like into a car park). I took it into Tesla Mulgrave during the week (also for creaking front seats) and the technician said it is not that uncommon and a fairly quick fix. So far I haven't had it happen again.

Yes and mines booked in for that and intermittent indicator issues this week.

I'm sure MSM will find a Tesla that was driving within a 1km radius and blame it.
It seems quite common looking on YouTube, far more common and destructive than teslas catching on fire.
I was recently having a conversation with someone who indicated that my employer will never buy EVs due to the risk of them catching on fire. I asked if that is so common, can they list examples. They gave examples of hoverboards and e-bikes catching fire, and Samsung Note phones.
No examples of Teslas and ironically they have a Samsung phone… haha.

Confirmation bias for rev-heads and cognitive dissonance for when they realise that what they have been told might not be entirely true :)

• Funny
Reactions: Jules22
Yes, go into the app -> charge stats -> scroll down -> settings -> home, then you edit the schedule, buy price and if relevant sell price.

It can get up to 4 time-of-use tariffs and split them over the day.

The image shows the schedule for my house. View attachment 1045822
lol where is this section, I am looking everywhere and I can't see that! 😭

See here -

1715738508537.png
1715738522840.png
1715738532253.png

Do they give you a loan car while it's in for service or warranty work?
When I went for warranty service issue earlier this year they gave me a loaner it was a Friday, said if you want as your car might not be ready today, keep it for the weekend return Monday, it has unlimited free supercharging + free tolls!

I then said hrmmmm so I could drive from Sydney to Melb and back if I wanted, he said sure but dont do that 😂

Then 2 hours later my car was ready haha, doh should've done a free road trip

Mine wasn't as loud as that and would usually happen when turning slowly (like into a car park). I took it into Tesla Mulgrave during the week (also for creaking front seats) and the technician said it is not that uncommon and a fairly quick fix. So far I haven't had it happen again.
yep! booked in for service for this exact issue, in 2 weeks so will see

on top of that I got a left passenger door rattle (i found the cause its a loose plastic bitty under the window up down switch) when I hold this down rattle stops

Plus my center armrest is becoming more creaky which is annoying when leaning on it, opening/closing creakin like an old camry

other than these 3 issues cars perfect, just minor noise complaints which I want gone still hah