Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tom (Ludicrous Feed) was talking about Performance MY. Your email shows MY RWD. Did you change your order from RWD to P?
No. Mine is RWD. My concern is the day I got the order confirmation email I got the "Complete your delivery location details" email as well. Since Tom got this email only recently (though for a different variant) I was wondering if I wasn't supposed to receive the "Complete your delivery location details" email that early. I haven't acted on the email yet, coz I would have a better view of my loan application closer to when VIN is notified. But I don't want my order to delay because of anything pending on me.

No. Mine is RWD. My concern is the day I got the order confirmation email I got the "Complete your delivery location details" email as well. Since Tom got this email only recently (though for a different variant) I was wondering if I wasn't supposed to receive the "Complete your delivery location details" email that early. I haven't acted on the email yet, coz I would have a better view of my loan application closer to when VIN is notified. But I don't want my order to delay because of anything pending on me.

I ordered my MY RWD on Thursday.

I got the Order Confirmation straight away, and then a few hours later got the "Welcome to the Tesla Family" (provide rego details, payment method, delivery location etc).

Is this the same as yours?

Reactions: Dannerz
Since Tom got this email only recently (though for a different variant) I was wondering if I wasn't supposed to receive the "Complete your delivery location details" email that early.
The performance Model Ys have been treated very differently from the beginning. Even though they were available to order on launch date (10 June 2022) Tesla seems to have put a hold on them so they have not followed the usual processes until recently.

No need to be concerned. With MYP orders we weren't asked to do those items at ordering time - all the RWD owners were asked to do it though like you.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'I would have a better view of my loan application'? Do you mean you want to see if your loan application is approved before doing the steps? I would do the steps now as there is no good reason not to, in my opinion.

Reactions: mathewparet@gm
When it was up, I mentioned this to a friend last night who had a Blue with White interior on order (Feb - May 23 EDD window). He proceeded to change his order to Black with White and minutes later he was asked to complete payment (holding off as he is going via Novated Lease), shortly after that a VIN was was found via the chrome extension and a delivery window of Dec 26 - Jan 16 was provided on his account.

We were surprised that this wasn't reallocated to someone else who had this combo on order (or there wasn't someone else who had this specific combo on order). It could be that the vehicle is already on it's way to country and it was easier for Tesla to have it in inventory then reroute the logistics plan to another state.
Where abouts is your friend bases? Not Victoria I take it? Quite interesting they potentially are going to reroute it. I’ve been keeping an eye on inventory in case one pops up that I like so hearing this is good news. I’m still EDD Feb-May and been waiting for a bloody EV since Feb so patience is running out 😅

Where abouts is your friend bases? Not Victoria I take it? Quite interesting they potentially are going to reroute it. I’ve been keeping an eye on inventory in case one pops up that I like so hearing this is good news. I’m still EDD Feb-May and been waiting for a bloody EV since Feb so patience is running out 😅
We are both based in Melbourne :) So as per my post I think if you were in Sydney it wouldn't have worked because the hassle and costs for them to redirect a car meant for Melbourne to Sydney wouldn't have made sense.

Received a Insurance Quote from AAMI for Comprehensive cover. Is this reasonable.

$2217.83 - 2022 TESLA MODEL Y PERFORMANCE MY22 5D WAGON, 1 SP AUTOMATIC

Quote includes below extras:
Windscreen and Window Glass cover
Hire car after an event for unlimited days
AAMI Roadside Assist
Market Value (First 2 years new car replacement guarantee)

Reactions: joseph.luppino
Received a Insurance Quote from AAMI for Comprehensive cover. Is this reasonable.

$2217.83 - 2022 TESLA MODEL Y PERFORMANCE MY22 5D WAGON, 1 SP AUTOMATIC

Quote includes below extras:
Windscreen and Window Glass cover
Hire car after an event for unlimited days
AAMI Roadside Assist
Market Value (First 2 years new car replacement guarantee)
I tried to do a quote through AAMI but the performance wasn't an option.

Trb
No need to be concerned. With MYP orders we weren't asked to do those items at ordering time - all the RWD owners were asked to do it though like you.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'I would have a better view of my loan application'? Do you mean you want to see if your loan application is approved before doing the steps? I would do the steps now as there is no good reason not to, in my opinion.
Na, I just might be able to save for a downpayment reducing the loan value. The bank already confirmed that I am eligible for the loan based on the amount I currently plan to put down for downpayment