Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Waiting Room | SA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, just a thread to discuss updates for our cars whether it be Y or 3 order. Timelines for the orders would be good as well.

I’ll start:
Order date: 19/3/2024
Model : Model 3 highland
Config: Solid black, black seats, 19” wheels
VIN Assigned : 22/3/2024
Final invoice : 23/3/2024
Registration Authorisation: 25/3/24
Pickup day: yet to be offered
EDD on app: 31/3-6/5

Reactions: paulp
I think one of the interesting questions here is will the cars always be going through Melbourne or there is a chance for getting them directly at the port of Adelaide. Check my timeline in the signature: getting the car onshore is not a problem even with the slowest Firmament dinghy, which travelled through all major Japanese ports before departing to Australia. Getting it from Melbourne to Adelaide and delivering it is a problem. On the other hand, the customs in Adelaide airport are incomparably more rabid than Melbourne ones... So they would probably manage with a very little effort to delay cars by two months even if they were delivered to Adelaide directly.

Reactions: dronus
I think one of the interesting questions here is will the cars always be going through Melbourne or there is a chance for getting them directly at the port of Adelaide. Check my timeline in the signature: getting the car onshore is not a problem even with the slowest Firmament dinghy, which travelled through all major Japanese ports before departing to Australia. Getting it from Melbourne to Adelaide and delivering it is a problem. On the other hand, the customs in Adelaide airport are incomparably more rabid than Melbourne ones... So they would probably manage with a very little effort to delay cars by two months even if they were delivered to Adelaide directly.
Yeah absolutely agree. After the thrill of the chase getting the the car in country, the last mile is seemingly slower. Melbourne is probably setup and staffed better than Adelaide for auto customs just going by volume alone.
There are a lot of cars waiting at outer harbour (other models). A friend bought a new Hyundai Kona EV and it has been sitting out there for about a month now. Keeps getting delayed just getting it from there to the dealership to do predelivery. Plus there isn’t much room so they run the risk of not having room to quarantine and store additional cars, which heaven forbid would get left on the ship…
🚢 🛳️ 🚗

Ok, I will go second
M3 LR black with white interior
18 in photon
Ordered 11/3/24
And that's as far as I have got
Gee, yours came in quick, was that an inventory car
Yeah I was surprised. It’s like it went from 0-99% so quick but the rest 1% is slow as. Not inventory. Just ordered normally. I guess it was already on the boat since all new orders gives a range of March-April even now

Aw dang. Hopefully that’s not the case. My 2021 SR was ordered and delivered within 2 weeks as well. I’ve texted the Tesla number and they said it is in Adelaide however they’re arranging logistics atm, thought they’ll push things through for the first quarter

Aw dang. Hopefully that’s not the case. My 2021 SR was ordered and delivered within 2 weeks as well. I’ve texted the Tesla number and they said it is in Adelaide however they’re arranging logistics atm, thought they’ll push things through for the first quarter
There is quite the backlog waiting to get thru the Adelaide DC, both 3 and Y

Sigh, now I have to get on my laptop to see your signature

Tesla M3H LR White Black interior, ordered 13 Oct 2023, built 21/12/23, VIN issued 30/12/23, final invoice 4/1/24, arrived in Australia 29/1/24, entered into RAV 1/2/24. Delivery window Feb 14 - Mar 06 -> Mar 04 - Apr 05. Scheduled delivery date Mar 28.
Tomorrow!!! I should lurk around the corner and do fart noise salutes as you drive out

• Funny
Reactions: sishome
Interesting, what is there at Holden parking? Are they already stacking them on top of each other?
I wonder where all the cars are that were on the ship that came direct to Adelaide if the OG cars like yours still not delivered?
Would be interesting to go past holders forsure.

I’ll go for a drive past the dc at lunchtime as I’m in the area ;)