Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this in the WA thread-

Noted ship tracker Morten Grove has declared Grand Pace as a probable Tesla carrier. It loaded at one of the known spots in Shanghai.

The good news? The previously unknown destination is Melbourne.
Hopefully it brings with it a sea of Model Y’s to everyone waiting.

The fact it’s skipping straight to Melbourne implies it could have West bound vehicles on it, but I’m only predicting possibilities - not facts

Reactions: TheRug80
I posted this in the WA thread-

Noted ship tracker Morten Grove has declared Grand Pace as a probable Tesla carrier. It loaded at one of the known spots in Shanghai.

The good news? The previously unknown destination is Melbourne.
Hopefully it brings with it a sea of Model Y’s to everyone waiting.

The fact it’s skipping straight to Melbourne implies it could have West bound vehicles on it, but I’m only predicting possibilities - not facts
ETA 25 May! :)

(Melbourne, Victoria) Order my RWD Y yesterday, completed all the required fields in the app.

Today : Received my invoice and VIN number.

The app states an estimated delivery date as May 20 - June 10.

The waiting game begins!

Fast forward to today, settlement of the Y should be tomorrow and pick-up / delivery is next week!

Got my Tesla UMC w/ 32A adapter tail and getting an electrician to install a new 32A circuit w/ 5-pin 32A socket in the garage.

Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Wagits and TheRug80
Fast forward to today, settlement of the Y should be tomorrow and pick-up / delivery is next week!

Got my Tesla UMC w/ 32A adapter tail and getting an electrician to install a new 32A circuit w/ 5-pin 32A socket in the garage.

Looking forward to it.
Congrats! It's still taken quite a while for an existing stock vehicle to get to you. I'm super jealous though! Enjoy!!

Guys quick question, I ordered a model y LR in quick silver the delivery will max jun.
I'm afraid that Tesla could delay it and I miss the business incentive that end in 30jun.
Do you know if Tesla generate the invoice way before the delivery? I don't have the VIN yet. Most importantly is to have invoice prior 30jun.

Guys quick question, I ordered a model y LR in quick silver the delivery will max jun.
I'm afraid that Tesla could delay it and I miss the business incentive that end in 30jun.
Do you know if Tesla generate the invoice way before the delivery? I don't have the VIN yet. Most importantly is to have invoice prior 30jun.
I got my tax invoice a day or two after the VIN was allocated. The VIN gets allocated if you've selected existing stock (in Australia or on its way already) or once the car is built and (I believe) gets loaded onto a ship.

Hello.
I don't like your chances. The next ship to the East Coast is the Grand Pace, and it has already been loaded.
The Quicksilver LR combo is a rare one, made in small batches.
LR in general are made in quite small batches.

I'd be swapping to a RWD model in a more common colour - white if you wanted to be most confident. If it absolutely has to be LR, go for a white.

Hello.
I don't like your chances. The next ship to the East Coast is the Grand Pace, and it has already been loaded.
The Quicksilver LR combo is a rare one, made in small batches.
LR in general are made in quite small batches.

I'd be swapping to a RWD model in a more common colour - white if you wanted to be most confident. If it absolutely has to be LR, go for a white.
Just further to this, the latest WuWa video (the dude who uses the drone over the Shanghai Southport) has shown, as usual, an absolute boatload of white as usual. I'd say quicksilver was the second or third most popular colour, as its the new popular one I suppose, but still overwhelmingly white.
As you've left it so late, I strongly suggest you go white or go RWD. Or both.

I got my tax invoice a day or two after the VIN was allocated. The VIN gets allocated if you've selected existing stock (in Australia or on its way already) or once the car is built and (I believe) gets loaded onto a ship.
So technically speaking mine is not in the boat or even produced yet?
Teslas car come to port kembla as well for NSW or will be another port?
I don't mind to receive the car before July. As long the invoice comes in June it's fine.
Yeah I just bought this one because the new color looks amazing. Can I change the model without paying another 400 for the reservation?

I don't mind to receive the car before July. As long the invoice comes in June it's fine.
Yeah I just bought this one because the new color looks amazing. Can I change the model without paying another 400 for the reservation?
Found a site that explain how to track
Hope that is correct

You can change it if you don’t have a VIN assigned - if you estimated delivery is still just showing May-June then yep all good to change.

If it’s a specific date then you have one assigned.

NSW deliveries =
Port Kembla

It might be that there are spares on the ship but they haven’t yet assigned you one, but as I’ve predicted I don’t think it super likely with your preferred configuration

Last edited:
I ordered and put a deposit down on a Y RWD yesterday.
Only changed the colour to Quicksilver.

Got the VIN today: LRWYHCFS6RCxxxxxx
Est. Delivery: June 8 - June 29

1716103021048.png

Last edited: