Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have to think that with all the RAVs above and mine too, that the coincidence of Viking Passama docking suggests it had/has these cars onboard, and the early MYPs were/are on Paglia. Paglia is still waiting to get into Port Kembla, VP is on its way to PKembla to join the que.
According to Vedaprime there’s no relation between ship events and RAV entries.
The old story was that before the first Australian port is reached RAVs would be updated. Some people had their entries done at random times so this does not exclude that some MYP which just got added to RAV could be on Paglia still. At least that’s what I want to believe 😆

According to Vedaprime there’s no relation between ship events and RAV entries.
The old story was that before the first Australian port is reached RAVs would be updated. Some people had their entries done at random times so this does not exclude that some MYP which just got added to RAV could be on Paglia still. At least that’s what I want to believe 😆
Agreed, my Melb’s order had VIN loaded into RAV just under two weeks ago, it seemed a bit too early? Unless they are just randomly entered.

Cars are required to be in Australia before they are entered into RAV (unless the type approval specifically allows outside Australia). So my guess is that cars are not considered to be in Aus until the ship docks at the first Aus port (Brisbane for Pag and VP). At that point all the cars on the boat ‘can’ be entered into RAV by Tesla. So even if the ship won’t make to Melbourne for a month the RAV is done when the cars hit Brisbane Port. So you guys that had a RAV 2 weeks ago are probably on the Paglia. (My best guess and happy to be corrected by the more knowledgeable).

I’ll be cheering when it finally docks, after multiple delays at Port Kembla. Fingers crossed for a delivery text tomorrow.
Speaking of which. Even if it docks and unloads: how long does it take for the trucks to take cars to the delivery centres? They can only carry 6 cars at a time!
A friend sent me this one 2 days ago (Sutherland shire area):
1676532733205.png

Apparently he’s been seeing these trucks every day for the past month…

Allianz has finally added the 2023 version of the model Y and I ran a quote which was very competitive.
Sydney, $1100 excess, windscreen cover for $1788 (agreed value $97,895).
Upped the agreed value to the $107k I’m paying and the basic excess went to $1500 while premium is $1825.
Not bad Allianz! I think Shannon’s is still better…

Last edited: