Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same!

Wonder how long between this message and the delivery scheduling message.
Same here EDD still remains the same for me from 17th November onwards.

Anyone else here in the forum who have received their MY (on Morning Cello) in QLD/NSW- within how many days from when you first received the sms/email about the car arriving at your destination/port and when you were able to lock in a time slot for delivery?
This would helps us-Melburnians 🙃🙂

Pumped to be collecting my Glovis MY tomorrow morning. Feels like Christmas Eve when you were a kid!!!

Anyone picked there up yet and can finally confirm whether the recent MY updates have/haven’t happened? Also whether it’s hw3 or hw4
How do you know if your car was one of the lucky few that made it off the glovis caravel or if it's still stuck on the ship?
My delivery is still scheduled for the 14th but I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla notified me shortly to delay my delivery date.

How do you know if your car was one of the lucky few that made it off the glovis caravel or if it's still stuck on the ship?
My delivery is still scheduled for the 14th but I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla notified me shortly to delay my delivery date.
I got a message last Friday that it was ready for pickup and to schedule a date, so I imagine they have contacted everyone who’s cars got unloaded by now. Hopefully not too much longer before they get everyone else’s off that damn ship.

Reactions: inexus
Pumped to be collecting my Glovis MY tomorrow morning. Feels like Christmas Eve when you were a kid!!!

Anyone picked there up yet and can finally confirm whether the recent MY updates have/haven’t happened? Also whether it’s hw3 or hw4
Just picked up mine today at 4pm - Mt Gravatt.

There was at least 4 other Ys getting picked up as well when I was there. Didn't manage to talk to either of them but spoke to the SA and apparently all was from Glovis first batch.

Spent about an hour in it before I drove off. HW3, none of the new refresh bits (lighting, black covers).

If you haven't received a delivery SMS to schedule an appointment by now, yours would be still on the ship.

There was at least 4 other Ys getting picked up as well when I was there. Didn't manage to talk to either of them but spoke to the SA and apparently all was from Glovis first batch.

Spent about an hour in it before I drove off. HW3, none of the new refresh bits (lighting, black covers).
Congrats on your car!

How long was the gap between getting the “your car has arrived in aus” message and the message to schedule delivery?

Spent about an hour in it before I drove off. HW3, none of the new refresh bits (lighting, black
Congrats on the car!!

I figured it was unlikely the current order page wouldn't match what was delivered, and not the biggest thing in the end.

Congrats on your car!

How long was the gap between getting the “your car has arrived in aus” message and the message to schedule delivery?
For me, I got my message about it being in Aus in the 26th of oct, and then got my appointment schedule text on the 3rd of Nov. And I have scheduled for tomorrow.

Side note, anyone ordering through a novated lease company, make sure you give an extra days notice to make the payment. The financier for the lease deposited into a general tesla account as a group purchase that the bank then individually sorts to each vehicle. The tesla guy today said it was pretty common and it adds and extra day, so I nearly missed out on delivery tomorrow.

Congrats on your car!

About 3 weeks! But mine was on Glovis Caravel which was having a lot of issues at the moment. I was incredibly lucky that mine was unloaded around mid Oct. I think a lot of buyers have theirs stuck on there now waiting for it to be unloaded.

Same here EDD still remains the same for me from 17th November onwards.

Anyone else here in the forum who have received their MY (on Morning Cello) in QLD/NSW- within how many days from when you first received the sms/email about the car arriving at your destination/port and when you were able to lock in a time slot for delivery?
This would helps us-Melburnians 🙃🙂
Mine was on Morning Cello too, but I'm in Adelaide. I know it got unloaded there as I got a text and email yesterday that it had arrived and was being prepped... current EDD us between 27 Nov and 18 Dec, but hoping it will be significantly sooner 🙏
Already spent a bunch of money on accessories 😁

Reactions: dronus
For me, I got my message about it being in Aus in the 26th of oct, and then got my appointment schedule text on the 3rd of Nov. And I have scheduled for tomorrow.

Side note, anyone ordering through a novated lease company, make sure you give an extra days notice to make the payment. The financier for the lease deposited into a general tesla account as a group purchase that the bank then individually sorts to each vehicle. The tesla guy today said it was pretty common and it adds and extra day, so I nearly missed out on delivery tomorrow.
Out of interest, do you live in the same State that your port of delivery was in? I am trying to gauge delivery time from Melbourne to Adelaide as mine was unloaded in Melbourne.

Reactions: dronus

Attachments

• 85kh9k.jpg
    85kh9k.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Clemzstar and phaz
Hi all,

I'm looking to get a loan secured by the vehicle for my business and am wondering about the timing of things. I can't have the loan start until 2 Jan 2024 at the earliest. If I were to commit to a model Y (LR), what would my timing look like?

I'm in Adelaide (if that makes any difference).

I'm looking to get a loan secured by the vehicle for my business and am wondering about the timing of things. I can't have the loan start until 2 Jan 2024 at the earliest. If I were to commit to a model Y (LR), what would my timing look like?
If you order now, there's no chance you will have a car before 2 Jan (unless you buy something out of stock). You don't need to pay until just before you pick up the car - so I think you'll be right. I ordered a month ago, and my ETA is Dec 10-31.

Last edited:
Took delivery of a MY this morning in Brisbane. It came on the Glovis so I half expected it to smell like a the inside of a can of mortein.

It seemed a little dirty, much dirtier than when I took delivery of my M3. Just bits of dirt / dust on the seats and plastics, and the windows had a few greasy spots on them. It's in good condition otherwise.

Reactions: Goneincognito