Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order a week before, MY RWD White with Black interiors and there still no update yet.

My main concern is those affected vehicles already went back to Shanghai, is Tesla going to change the VIN on those affected vehicles and treated as new production and ship it to us?

Otherwise what they going to do with those affected vehicles?
can they change the vin of a car once assigned? wouldn't it be a crime when they say they are assigning newly built cars and assign a old car with new vin, if its ever revealed? i don't think tesla would risk it

can they change the vin of a car once assigned? wouldn't it be a crime when they say they are assigning newly built cars and assign a old car with new vin, if its ever revealed? i don't think tesla would risk it
A VIN cannot be changed. It has vital information on it that identifies the car uniquely.

The GC cars could be a write off due to certain logistics and contracts. I've read that the shipping company would be the new owners of the many cars and insurance would be paying up.

The cars may reassigned to a different market and sold there, or brought back to Australia and sold at a discounted price once Juniper is announced, similar to the price drop of the M3 prior to Highland's release.

The GC cars could be a write off due to certain logistics and contracts. I've read that the shipping company would be the new owners of the many cars and insurance would be paying up.
So no new VIN here for my MYP, still got my EDD of Feb 2nd - Feb 23rd.
Am I not getting my car from the GC saga now because Tesla haven't told me yet.
As long as the next production run for MYP isn't Juniper?

Has anyone ordered in December and been assigned a VIN at any stage? I ordered December 5 with a trade in, for novated lease and haven’t received any VIN yet. My account still has EDD Jan-Feb.

In the Tesla account it says prepare for delivery by entering contact details and trade in details. Contact details were entered and trade in details has just said “ in progress” for the full month now as I entered all that on the order date too.

Reactions: RichY3
Finally got a VIN update to 370xxx 😭👍
Do you get 2024?
IMG_5544.jpeg

Ordered 2nd December - long range white, no other changes. Haven't received a VIN. Eta remains January - February (initially it was December - January). Collection centre is chatswood which I'm regretting. Also via novated lease but no trade in. What are your details?