Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI - I just got an email from Tesla today for my order that I made on Saturday. (VIN showed in app from yesterday)
1716167898353.png

If mine one is not in the Grand Pace, do you guys know what will be the next carrier?
any chance that another carrier depart before Jully?
Yes, there’s two ships in Shanghai right now - Morning Crystal and Paganella, both are known Tesla carriers

both are due back in Australia in a few weeks, at the same time actually - I’d expect one of them to have Teslas on it at least.

I’m leaning towards favouring Morning Crystal for a few reasons, but it could be either

Last edited:
So Leo Spirit is on the move. When would you expect to start seeing VIN's popping up for people? if the cars are on there.
Typically 4-5 days ish. Grand Pace left Shanghai last Sunday, VINs were issued Wednesday.

It is a human process though so very variable.

I’m just curious as to what Leo Spirit does after the little detour to Guangzhou where it’s off to now. I did know about it, it was on the MOL ACE plan, it’s just after this point whether it comes to us or the sub ship takes its place - if so, the sub ship was roughly due in port 24th daytime.

Looking at it, the berth has only gone up by .3 meters, so not a massive shipment, enough for one port perhaps.

Typically 4-5 days ish. Grand Pace left Shanghai last Sunday, VINs were issued Wednesday.

It is a human process though so very variable.

I’m just curious as to what Leo Spirit does after the little detour to Guangzhou where it’s off to now. I did know about it, it was on the MOL ACE plan, it’s just after this point whether it comes to us or the sub ship takes its place - if so, the sub ship was roughly due in port 24th daytime.

Looking at it, the berth has only gone up by .3 meters, so not a massive shipment, enough for one port perhaps.
Oh yeah, i forgot about the Sub ship so will see what happens on the 22nd.
Yeah i did notice that it only went up by 0.3 but wasnt sure how heavy a typical Tesla ship would be so was wondering if it looked a bit light on.

Oh yeah, i forgot about the Sub ship so will see what happens on the 22nd.
Yeah i did notice that it only went up by 0.3 but wasnt sure how heavy a typical Tesla ship would be so was wondering if it looked a bit light on.
I went and had a look back through this thread

Based on what I found (only a few examples mind you) it seemed to drop .3 or so per port

So keep in mind it was in Korea before it went to Shanghai, if it is JUST a WA Tesla drop, it does stack up.

How come so many recent orders are getting VINs and my order from 11 April has no movement 😢
11 April? Try 11 March here!

What did you order? A LR or worse yet, a P I’m guessing ?

The issue is volume.

I was talking to V3nom about this the other day.

Say there’s a shipment of cars. Say it’s 400 total.

300+ of those will be RWD.
That leaves 100 for LR and P.
Realistically, there’s maybe 10 P on that 400 shipment. They’re just made in such fewer quantities that you get stuck.