Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Glovis team , has anyone with a MYP order been reassigned a new VIN? I ordered mid November and was assigned a glovis VIN. But nothing since.
I ordered 19/11/23 and sought a trade in price and didn't take photos as required until a few weeks ago. I never received a VIN, but was told I was on the Glovis. I called last Tuesday (first ever call) and was told there would be an update last week. I've received nothing, and still have no VIN.

Hello Glovis team , has anyone with a MYP order been reassigned a new VIN? I ordered mid November and was assigned a glovis VIN. But nothing since.
I’m in same boat waiting on an MYP from Glovis. Checked with Tesla today and got below response. Sounds like still getting same VIN from Glovis unless they complete another production run for MYP and it arrives ahead of the original VIN.

“I can see from your account that you are allocated a Performance Model Y which was scheduled to arrive on the Glovis Caravel. At this stage the only information I can see is the same as what is in your Tesla account, however if a customer with the same specification was to cancel their order or another production run of the performance specifications is completed, it may be that you are allocated a different VIN.”

I ordered a MYP and I received a call from Tesla today mentioning that they haven’t built no way near as many PERFORMANCE models as the RWD or LR as majority of the stock was on the GC. Still no indication of when but they said expect late March - Early April for a MYP.

I ordered a MYP and I received a call from Tesla today mentioning that they haven’t built no way near as many PERFORMANCE models as the RWD or LR as majority of the stock was on the GC. Still no indication of when but they said expect late March - Early April for a MYP.
Well that’s bad, I guess they’re just looking for a way to return those glovis cars. There’s no way I accept a car that’s already 6 months old and no way of knowing how the battery was kept. Sure it was around 60% when built but does it stay above 20% after six months? I
read this type of battery degrades very very fast if kept at low charge.
Also it’s a 2023 build meaning by April it’s already lost somewhere around 20% of its value.
I don’t think anyone would accept that.

Sure it was around 60% when built but does it stay above 20% after six months?
I'm not suggesting you take delivery of a 6 month old car, but you can leave a modern Tesla parked for a very long time without the battery losing much charge.

When I was recently away for 5 weeks my battery went from 60% to 57%

Extrapolating from that it would have still held 45% after 6 months.

Reactions: cafz
Well that’s bad, I guess they’re just looking for a way to return those glovis cars. There’s no way I accept a car that’s already 6 months old and no way of knowing how the battery was kept. Sure it was around 60% when built but does it stay above 20% after six months? I
Also it’s a 2023 build meaning by April it’s already lost somewhere around 20% of its value.
again it’s by no means trying to convince you to take receipt but at least on battery I am sure you could obtain the telemetry on battery charge since build and confirm it’s been maintained.

that said it’s $400 deposit right? Might be worth cancelling and giving it up the deposit given depreciation Would be a lot more.

feel for everyone in this situation.

There’s no way I accept a car that’s already 6 months old and no way of knowing how the battery was kept. Sure it was around 60% when built but does it stay above 20% after six months? I
Aren't the batteries put in shipping/transport mode so battery degradation would be minimal? I've got a Lithium ion battery (low tech) in my Ryobi drill, I'm talking the One+ 18V, that I have left for months without using (went on a world cruise) no problem. This battery is from 2011 too and still gets through plenty of drilling duties.
They're not exactly high tech and they are cheap(ish) but it seems to function very well, I'm sure the Tesla battery (very expensive many thousands of dollars) will be fine, it will be the deterioration of every other component seals/paint/trim and even that will be probably be fine.
Battery warranty of the MYP is 8 years/192,000km anyway so you'd have to think that they will look after you if there are any issues?

Reactions: cafz
We its on its way in, Give it another 3hr 30mins to dock and maybe another hr or 2 and hopefully we see the Draught start to move from 9.9m
1705354338903.png

Reactions: dronus
I thought all these vehicles got sent to South Korea?? What has suggested the cars are being sent back to Australia?