Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In addition to what you've said @evsRsuper , what I could make out from their spreadhsheet was that there are two companies that load/unload cars - Qube and Linx, are assigned to the shipping companies, and it seems like these stevedores can work on only 1 of their assigned ships at a time. Hence other ships get berthed but see no ops (light greened out).
Learning new logistics stuff comes free with buying a Tesla
LINX & QUBE are the only two stevedores and they have contracts with the various shipping lines and have nothing to do with the terminal. Both of them could work three ships at the same time if there was enough space in the yard but at the moment, that's not happening. The yard space isn't MIRRAT's fault by the way which makes their attempt to apply different berthing rules quite admirable.

• Informative
Reactions: bsbh
Maybe I need to look into the spreadsheet closely to understand your overall post! But I think walrus ace has been moved 4 times already -14th, 17th, 19th, 20th. So hopefully 20th Feb it is!
It's not how many days she loses but how many other ships jump ahead in the queue. The Hyperion Leader and Don Juan haven't arrived yet so trust me, she's only lost two spots and will almost certainly lose another two. I've tried to make sense of the spreadsheet for a while and just end up even more confused so my 100% honest recommendation is to stop looking at this forum and stop looking at shipping schedules. All that happens in this forum is that people make a whole bunch of extremely ill-informed assumptions. This ship will berth when it berths and will work when it works and you'll get your car when you get your car. Do yourself a favor and find yourself a hobbie that takes your mind off the temptation to look at this forum and the frustrations you are feeling and before you know it you'll be driving your new car.

It's worth it in the end, hang in there!
Same, I don’t mind since Parramatta is actually closer to me. It’s just how they don’t care that i’ve been waiting months for a car. I’m close to cancelling but my wife says we’ve already waited half a year, what a few weeks more.
Agreed once you've owned the car for a few months all this will be long forgotten. After explaining my personal situation to Tesla they have finally given me a pickup day for next week. I've not really enjoyed going back to ICE this last week. I keep asking my friend what's that loud noise he said that's the engine remember those things?
Not to mention the $120 fill up fee! Been charging off solar for the last three years effectively just forgoing a paltry 8c FIT. (Solar panels were paid off years ago)
I thought about cancelling too but I'm glad I'm hanging in there and the end is in sight.

Agreed once you've owned the car for a few months all this will be long forgotten. After explaining my personal situation to Tesla they have finally given me a pickup day for next week. I've not really enjoyed going back to ICE this last week. I keep asking my friend what's that loud noise he said that's the engine remember those things?
Not to mention the $120 fill up fee! Been charging off solar for the last three years effectively just forgoing a paltry 8c FIT. (Solar panels were paid off years ago)
I thought about cancelling too but I'm glad I'm hanging in there and the end is in sight.
paid 250 in petrol this week. I know it’ll be worth it but i don’t think i’ll be able to even see my tesla at this rate, they just don’t care.

Reactions: jq371
My experience with all of the Tesla staff I have interracted with is that they are more invested in the product than any other organisation I've ever dealt with. They know they have a fantastic product and they are genuinely excited to get it in the hands of the customer.

Unfortuantely there are many areas that they just have zero visibility over and it's even questionable how much visibility head office have. They are a small player in the grand scheme of things compare to other auto exporters, they are at the whims of the contracted logistics, including shipping, road transport etc (and you have to remember how badly impacted worldwide shipping is at the moment).

I don't know how they have to contract the logistics, however my guess based on what I've observed is that they contract a logistics agency to book space on ships, road transporters etc, and it's that companies job to get the vehicles from the factory to the delivery center. That would explain why you see vehicles spread over multiple ships, especially at the moment with the above mentioned shipping issues, limiting the number of RORO's available and also the fact that Tesla don't really know which order the vehicles will be loaded/unloaded and transported, etc.

They are just not big enough exporters as yet to be able to justify owning parts of the logistics chain, or having the clout to make demands of the logistics system.

Reactions: elddum and bsbh
My experience with all of the Tesla staff I have interacted with is that they are more invested in the product than any other organisation I've ever dealt with. They know they have a fantastic product and they are genuinely excited to get it in the hands of the customer.

Unfortunately there are many areas that they just have zero visibility over and it's even questionable how much visibility head office have. They are a small player in the grand scheme of things compare to other auto exporters, they are at the whims of the contracted logistics, including shipping, road transport etc (and you have to remember how badly impacted worldwide shipping is at the moment).

I don't know how they have to contract the logistics, however my guess based on what I've observed is that they contract a logistics agency to book space on ships, road transporters etc, and it's that companies job to get the vehicles from the factory to the delivery centre. That would explain why you see vehicles spread over multiple ships, especially at the moment with the above mentioned shipping issues, limiting the number of RORO's available and also the fact that Tesla don't really know which order the vehicles will be loaded/unloaded and transported, etc.

They are just not big enough exporters as yet to be able to justify owning parts of the logistics chain, or having the clout to make demands of the logistics system.
All true of a company experiencing growing pains in Oz.
My experience was a much better one back in 2021 when I bought my first Tesla and there was no Model Y in sight which of course is now a huge seller for them.

At least we are not buying RAV4 hybrids? I heard a two year wait at one stage and then Lexus has stopped taking orders for one of their cars.

So a few months with Tesla is actually not too bad but I think when we buy they need to clarify "inventory" because" I'm sure like many others we were a bit misled and a phone call to Tesla clarified what that meant.

Reactions: bsbh and jq371