Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else in Brisbane that had cars on LA got any delivery invites? I know there was one person here that did but wondered if more had.

My app still says March 6-27. Still waiting on an initial invoice too.. ordered Dec 5 and still haven’t ever seen an invoice.

21 Nov order. Car on Lapis Arrow. Delivery window slipped again to Mar 6 - 27.
Getting a bit grumpy now, I feel like some level of expectation management early would have been nice.
I am trading in two cars and that seems to have broken their “streamlined” online system too, everything requires a phone call to clarify or fix.

Has anyone else in Brisbane that had cars on LA got any delivery invites? I know there was one person here that did but wondered if more had.

My app still says March 6-27. Still waiting on an initial invoice too.. ordered Dec 5 and still haven’t ever seen an invoice.
Mt Gravatt delivery here. I received my sms late last week, pickup scheduled for the 5th March.
No invoice is odd, are you pending any finance or trade in info? I received my invoice as soon as my vin was assigned and I rejected the Tesla trade in offer.

Mt Gravatt delivery here. I received my sms late last week, pickup scheduled for the 5th March.
No invoice is odd, are you pending any finance or trade in info? I received my invoice as soon as my vin was assigned and I rejected the Tesla trade in offer.
Shouldn’t be pending anything. I am doing a novated lease with trade in but they have that info (I accepted their trade in offer) since December. Guess I’ll just sit tight another week or so.

Hi everyone,
Joined in today, need a bit of an advice. We placed an order for MY on 23rd Feb only to get a call yesterday saying there’s one available and asking us to book in a delivery date and even got a VIN assigned which looked like a 2023 build. As much as we want our hands on our new car as soon as possible but I’d rather wait for a couple of months to get MY24 instead. Also the person over the phone was trying hard to convince that we’ve been lucky to get the car that quickly.
I am not sure if we should go ahead with the deal or what questions to ask him prior to saying yes to it. Or just reject it and wait for a MY24.
Thanks

Hi everyone,
Joined in today, need a bit of an advice. We placed an order for MY on 23rd Feb only to get a call yesterday saying there’s one available and asking us to book in a delivery date and even got a VIN assigned which looked like a 2023 build. As much as we want our hands on our new car as soon as possible but I’d rather wait for a couple of months to get MY24 instead. Also the person over the phone was trying hard to convince that we’ve been lucky to get the car that quickly.
I am not sure if we should go ahead with the deal or what questions to ask him prior to saying yes to it. Or just reject it and wait for a MY24.
Thanks
Ultimately I think it comes down to how quickly you want your car and your level of comfort around uncertainty/waiting. Having ordered in Nov and been given the Dec-Jan timeframe and now being pushed to mid to late March, I’d probably take the MY23 but I’m impatient! MY24 clearly better for resale value if that is a major factor for you.

Hi everyone,
Thanks
What date are they offering you to book in for delivery date? It may still be a bit out.

My Tesla app has just updated to say my invoice has been paid and ready for delivery - after they sent an email yesterday to say my invoice was “overdue” - ahhh yeah thanks, my car delivery is also 5 weeks overdue so im familiar with overdue!

But financing settlement all happened yesterday so now im finally starting to get excited again !! 4 days to go !!

Hi everyone,
Thanks
Welcome.
Yes, I think that is actually quite lucky to have a car available if you have just ordered this month. But I'm a GC survivor who is still waiting for the car nearly 6 months since ordering.
There is no tangible difference between the 23 and 24 models if it IS a 24 model.
The only difference is the perceived value and possibly insurance premiums. This is up to you.
It may be an ex-GC car. Whilst I believe that they were kept in good condition and inspected prior to resale, keep in mind their history.
Ultimately, it's up to you. I think if you don't mind that number difference, you'll love getting your car quickly and not have to wait through the current issue of constantly changing EDDs and delays.

Reactions: ArnG and jq371