Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto-defrost / Auto-defog

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KarenRei

ᴉǝɹuǝɹɐʞ
Jul 18, 2017
Iceland
I just realized that I don't know the answer to this one, and the manual isn't helpful. :) Does the auto climate control setting automatically defrost / defog the windshield, or is that something that needs to be enabled manually?

Reactions: BobAbooey
In my experience, auto does seem to take care of the windshield and it does so less aggressively (quieter) than the dedicated defog/frost button. Difference being, it will be slower than the dedicated button so not as useful for first defrost as for maintenance defrosting while driving.

I don’t like how auto manages fan speed (noise) but have been using it in cold weather since it keeps the windshield clear without me having to do the screen poke polka.

Agreed with above poster just pre heating will turn it on slightly. If you need full blast you need to turn it on manually. Usually auto and then when I get in the car press the wiper button at the end of the directional stalk will be all I need.