Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Defrost / Defog: Just want fan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That explains the poor efficiency.
Yes. That’s why I was sure to note it. I understand that.

Nothing to do with AC, having intentionally left sentry mode on while the car was valeted, it looks like we will get our cab with as low as maybe 75 miles of range, and need to get out of NYC and find a supercharger. The garage it’s parked in now has Tesla chargers, but I have no idea what they cost and figure we SHOULD be able to find a supercharger on our way home this afternoon.

We had tickets to climb the Statue of Liberty, we’re running late, and the speed I was driving was with the flow on the NJ Turnpike.

Yes. That’s why I was sure to note it. I understand that.

Nothing to do with AC, having intentionally left sentry mode on while the car was valeted, it looks like we will get our cab with as low as maybe 75 miles of range, and need to get out of NYC and find a supercharger. The garage it’s parked in now has Tesla chargers, but I have no idea what they cost and figure we SHOULD be able to find a supercharger on our way home this afternoon.

We had tickets to climb the Statue of Liberty, we’re running late, and the speed I was driving was with the flow on the NJ Turnpike.

Elizabeth, NJ is a good stop leaving the city, although it's a bit of a walk to any amenities.

It's easy to get caught up in the flow of traffic, and end up using way more energy than anticipated. I prefer to hang out in the truck lanes on the Jersey Turnpike, although I usually end up going faster than the main lanes as there are fewer left lane campers on the truck side.

Elizabeth, NJ is a good stop leaving the city, although it's a bit of a walk to any amenities.

It's easy to get caught up in the flow of traffic, and end up using way more energy than anticipated. I prefer to hang out in the truck lanes on the Jersey Turnpike, although I usually end up going faster than the main lanes as there are fewer left lane campers on the truck side.
We ended up supercharging in Weehawken where I found a 12 stall charger just a few miles (or less?) west of the Lincoln tunnel. We arrived with 23-24% but all stalls were full right after someone nearly crashed into us to get into the last spot as we were casually pulling into the area. This was my first ever incident of all superchargers being full when we arrived. Another car was parked two spaces away, and I assumed he was also waiting “in line” ahead of us. We only had to wait a few minutes before a spot opened up, and rather than getting out and asking the guy at the end if he was waiting, I lined myself up to get in as I noted someone disconnecting. The guy at the end of the row that wasn’t connected stayed there well after other spaces opened. So I guess I didn’t steal his spot in line.

How do Tesla owners politely handle place in line at Superchargers?

Anyway, we were able to grab a few groceries and get to 90% in about a half hour or so and get back on our way. I rarely exceeded 72 mph and used TACC, mostly set at about 68 on the way home. The range is at 102 now. It’s about 108 miles as the crow flies I guess, but 125 is what my Apple Maps say. 90% of my 271 mile range is ~244. So if I got actual range, it would be 119 right now. So we lost about 17 miles due to my speeding and whatever other accessories and/or Tesla’s over statement of range. Tire pressure driving was 44 psi on all but the front right that was 43 psi. We used some seat heaters and initially used some AC, but since the “Auto” blew in our face and also only has low med high fan speed instead of like 8 different numbers, I went back to my manual controls to get a lower fan speed, and didn’t need the AC the whole misty/rainy ride home.

I guess I just prefer the manual climate control now that I know how to use it.

THANK YOU!