Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto dimming mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They dim sometime around sunset, regardless of the actual amount of light hitting the mirrors. At least that's how the original ones work. Don't know about the recently reintroduced ones.

Yes and very annoying when driving around sunrise when they “stop” dimming and go clear ... most drivers still have their headlights on and glaring back from the mirrors.

Reactions: EV-by-the-Sea
I have the original dimming mirrors and I’m surprised how many people here complain about them, I’ve just never had a problem.
Can't speak for others but on my 2021 the side mirrors are just too dim. Can't see anything unlit in them any time they are on. I can see myself sideswiping a car or bicycle quite easily at night. They also take an age to adjust, so although they turn off when I put the car into reverse they take 20seconds or so to fully brighten up again.

Reactions: BluestarE3
Can't speak for others but on my 2021 the side mirrors are just too dim. Can't see anything unlit in them any time they are on. I can see myself sideswiping a car or bicycle quite easily at night. They also take an age to adjust, so although they turn off when I put the car into reverse they take 20seconds or so to fully brighten up again.
Let’s trade - mine don’t dim at all.