Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto open/close frunk system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I understand correctly, the only downside is, for this to work, is that your Tesla is spoofed Into thinking the frunk is closed all the time. So it sends the signal to open either way, and the onscreen display will always show it closed. The controller box for this kit keeps track of the open or closed state.

• Disagree
Reactions: spectrum
If I understand correctly, the only downside is, for this to work, is that your Tesla is spoofed Into thinking the frunk is closed all the time. So it sends the signal to open either way, and the onscreen display will always show it closed. The controller box for this kit keeps track of the open or closed state.
From the video posted, that does not appear to be the case. The on-screen display showed it open and closed.

Reactions: spectrum
I’m pretty handy but this installation seems pretty involved. Is there any way I can pay someone to install this for me? in Atlanta
It wasn’t too bad. I would say the worst part was accessing the switch in the Frunk compartment. The two torx screws that you need to get to suck because there is little room. I ended up making my own right angle driver by using just the torx bit in a 1/4 speed Ratchet. Besides that just bundling up the wires nice because they are long. That was really the worst two parts. Took about 3 hrs total.