Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto park question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello

I have a may 2016 model s with standard autopilot

I thought all model s comes with standard AUTOPARK

My service advisor says the MODEL S 2017 and above only haventhem because I don’t have cameras in the pillars or side of the car

I just saw a YouTube video of 2015 model s that has autopark

How can I determine if I have auto park and how to get it active.

Thank you

...I have a may 2016 model s with standard autopilot...

It depends on what Tesla used car website currently says:

"Autopilot with convenient features": It has Autopilot Hardware 1 and it does have it.
"Enhanced Autopilot": It has Autopilot Hardware 2 and above and it does have it
"Autopilot": No matter what hardware it is, it does not have it.

It depends on what Tesla used car website currently says:

"Autopilot with convenient features": It has Autopilot Hardware 1 and it does have it.
"Enhanced Autopilot": It has Autopilot Hardware 2 and above and it does have it
"Autopilot": No matter what hardware it is, it does not have it.

I just checked and my order form states

Autopilot with convenience features

My service advisor didn’t look at my vehicle and. Just said I don’t have it and that’s that

How do I get service to activate it or at least show me how to use it

If you have self-park available then you should be able to go test it's there by trying it.
Go find a quiet car park and cruise very slowly down a line of cars parked perpendicular to your direction of travel. Your car will 'look' for a single car gap between 2 cars or car and obvious end boundary. When it finds a suitable space it pops a 'P' symbol up on the binnacle to the side it want to park . That symbol only comes up further past the space than you think it should. At that point you sto, put car into reverse and you get a start screen on the main display. You will find pics of the P symbol in the manual.

It will also handle parallel parking but most of those situations are likely to be in less convenient places for playtime testing.

...How do I get service to activate it or at least show me how to use it

Please look for "Autopark" on page 96:

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_s_owners_manual_north_america_en_us.pdf

I would drive slowly under 10MPH next to a line of parked cars on the right next to the curb and look for letter "P" icon appears on the instrument clusters. Align my car 1 car length ahead as I always do then swipe up the gear to Reverse. There should be a "Start AutoPark" on the center screen for you to touch it.

It's a beta feature so I wouldn't try it unless there's plenty of empty space and I am ready to brake to abort at any time.

There have been quite a few numbers of reports of Autopark crashes.