Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto pilot AP over correcting in recent software update.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone notice the AP OTA update that removed and simplified the steering algorithm has degraded steering accuracy? My 2022MYLR was excellent holding just the right steering control on highway speed corners. Now with the update (Tesla removed 300kb of code) causes steering to be more coarse, over correcting in a left right left cycle about every 3 seconds throughout the corner, enough to cast doubt on its ability to control the car safely. Problem is in the new code, for if I manually steer, I can easily maintain a smooth path around the corners. So it’s not a steering defect, but the new code that instructs how much correction is needed. It is bad enough to get my head swaying left and right at the same rate. I hate it now, Tesla should restore the old steering code until they fix. They better not suggest upgrading to a premium update to get back what we once had. Cheers

Reactions: Stach
Agreed and even while on a straight road, FSD drifts back and forth between hugging the right line and moving back to the center of the lane, nonstop. FSD is significantly worse than my usual AutoPilot at holding the center of the lane (I'd honestly prefer it staying a bit further away from center, but not drifting back and forth like FSD does now).

My FSD is often driving on the rumble strips on the right side of the road due to not being able to stay in the center of the lane. Mostly on two lane roads. Super annoying. Also it's absolutely horrible at maintaining the set speed.
The set speed only works correctly when using the highway stack (which is still FSD v11). When driving off the highway, I find that using the automatic speed offset works pretty well, but using a set speed is awful.

Reactions: snorp and Stach