Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Pilot with Convenience Features?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping I can get some clarification here:

I Purchased and picked up (Drives like a dream):

Model S P90D
VIN# 5YSA1E41FF101100
All-Wheel Drive
Range Upgrade
Obsidian Black Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Silver Turbine Wheels
Black Next Generation Seats
Glossy Obeche Wood Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Ludicrous Speed Upgrade
Tesla Red Brake Calipers
Autopilot Hardware 1 with Convenience Features
Premium Interior and Lighting
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package

What exactly does the Autopilot Hardware 1 with Convenience Features mean?
1. Do I have the full blown autopilot or do i have to purchase additional software?

Also, does anyone know what the efficient range on the WH/HR is for this model. I am averaging between 400-475 WH/HR in 20 to 30° F weather. Does this sound normal?

A response to my business email would be greatly appreciated

Thanks to all In Advance,

Harris Littman
[email protected]

...Autopilot Hardware 1 with Convenience Features...

Please go to your 17" display and find the "Autopilot" tab to see if you can turn on/off AP1 "Convenience Features" such as:

1) AutoSteer (Beta)
2) Summon (Beta)

AP1 does not have "Navigation on Autopilot (Beta)"

mDQ3vzG.jpg

...Also, does anyone know what the efficient range on the WH/HR is for this model. I am averaging between 400-475 WH/HR in 20 to 30° F weather. Does this sound normal?

It's depending on many factors including driving style and heaters.

For the purpose of allowable limited Supercharger charging, Tesla' use an average number of 400 Wh / mile.

Also, does anyone know what the efficient range on the WH/HR is for this model. I am averaging between 400-475 WH/HR in 20 to 30° F weather. Does this sound normal?
Your usage will depend on many things, outside temp being one of them. Other factors - how many trips and how long (many short trips with long parking in cold between will increase your usage a lot), wind, snow, rain, do you pre-heat, is the car parked in garage or covered area or fully exposed to blowing winds, what do you set our internal temp to be, how fast you drive, etc. 400-475 is high but not impossible in sub-freezing winter weather.

I apparently do not have the navigate on autopilot, But I do have auto steer / Summons which is apparently ap1. I think I also have auto park. Is it as easy as a software up grade to get the enhanced auto pilot features including navigate on autopilot. If not what do i need and how much? If so how do i upgrade and what is the cost. Any relative input would be greatly appreciated

I apparently do not have the navigate on autopilot, But I do have auto steer / Summons which is apparently ap1. I think I also have auto park. Is it as easy as a software up grade to get the enhanced auto pilot features including navigate on autopilot. If not what do i need and how much? If so how do i upgrade and what is the cost. Any relative input would be greatly appreciated
AP1 will likely never get nav on auto, there isn’t the wide cameras

If you have AP1 there isn’t anything you can do to upgrade to AP2 short of buying a newer car unfortunately.

If you want EAP, or NavOnAP, you will have to trade your car in for one with AP2, our newer, hardware.

Thank you all for your input. Well that sucks. What can i really do with AP 1 with convenience features? Auto steer , summon autopark?
It will stay between the lanes for you, on a well marked road. It will do adaptive cruise control (holding the distance between you and the car in front of you if they are doing less than your set speed). It will change lanes for you, when you signal a lane change. It will read road speed limit signs and adjust speed accordingly (you can set your desired level above the limit). I'm still in the research stage, preparing to buy my first new (to me) Tesla, so anyone with more 'hands on' experience please correct me if I'm wrong.

...It will read road speed limit signs...

AP1 does. AP2 does not. Still pending for AP2.

...adjust speed accordingly (you can set your desired level above the limit)...

You can set the limit so it can warn you. but I don't think both AP1 and AP2 can automatically adjust to speed limit just yet.

My AP2 can automatically slow down to a safe speed (such as speed reduction in approaching sharp curve, designated GPS stretches, or to stop after completion of AP2 Navigation on Autopilot) but unrelated to a posted speed limit (automatic legal speed compliance, automatic speed ticket avoidance.)

AP2.x vehicles do not currently read speed limit signs and relies on an onboard speed limit database, that has proven to have many instances of missing or incorrect speed limit data, and with the latest AP2.x software automatically adjusting speed in some situations, the poor quality speed limit data results in false slow downs and sometimes incorrectly limiting use of AutoSteer or NOAP (Navigate On AutoPilot).

Musk has indicated Tesla is working on reading speed limit signs and traffic signals/signs for AP2.x - which they must have working before they can possibly implement FSD.

Though... Still wonder how the FSD software will handle situations when police are manually controlling locations and using a combination of hand signals and whistles to override the traffic signs/signals...

Test drove AP2 car at Tesla and found that I wasn’t interested in the premium that would mean buying a newer car as opposed to AP1. I know the issue is that AP1 development is short of frozen at Tesla, but what AP2 offers TODAY is not worth the upgrade. Navigate on Autopilot right now switches lames and gets the car onto and off the exit on highways. There will be more coming, but other than that AP1 does everything else. There is sentry mode and also dash cam too

I’ve been really happy with AP1 for the week I’ve had my car, it allows you to have autopilot functionality on two lane roads too....that’s be vigilant! I’ve had a couple instances that it seems that it is making the wrong decision. If it’s not a perfectly straight and well marked road, make sure you can correct it.

Test drove AP2 car at Tesla and found that I wasn’t interested in the premium that would mean buying a newer car as opposed to AP1. I know the issue is that AP1 development is short of frozen at Tesla, but what AP2 offers TODAY is not worth the upgrade. Navigate on Autopilot right now switches lames and gets the car onto and off the exit on highways. There will be more coming, but other than that AP1 does everything else. There is sentry mode and also dash cam too

I’ve been really happy with AP1 for the week I’ve had my car, it allows you to have autopilot functionality on two lane roads too....that’s be vigilant! I’ve had a couple instances that it seems that it is making the wrong decision. If it’s not a perfectly straight and well marked road, make sure you can correct it.

i have ap1 with enhanced features, is there a link or easy explanation to get teslacam to work? or it doesn't work, u had mentioned dashcam...?