Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AutoCar says Dyson EV will break the SUV mould

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In essence, the patents describe a car that is close to the five-metre length of a standard Range Rover but more than 40cm longer in the wheelbase, at 330cm, with 4-6cm more ground clearance than the Range Rover’s standard 22cm yet at least 25cm less overall height, at around 165cm tall.

dyson-web-2387a.jpg

Dyson electric car: new patents show mould-breaking design | Autocar

• Funny
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
@malcolm
With extensive experience of designing and manufacturing electric motors, I'm not sure why they don't just focus on EV drivetrains.

Ego and greed ?
Tesla Model 3 motor <$800 ?? per Munro reports. Tesla vehicles $40,000 - $100,000

110,000 rpm vacuum cleaner motor vs high toque/horse power Electric Vehicle motor.
inverters and motor controllers ??

side note from google search:
"Dyson vacuum cleaners and washing machines were made in Malmesbury,Wiltshire until 2002, when the company transferred vacuum cleaner production to Malaysia."

you'll have to do your own research for electric car making in Malaysia - I think Dyson & BMW & LEAF & Smart [Mercedes?]] may start in 2019 ??
Thailand, Malaysia Charge Ahead With EV Plans
US continues to fall behind - aside from Tesla, right? interesting times

Last edited:
Yet another billionaire in love with himself that really will bring nothing new to the game. Even after he markets his car, if ever, the Teslas will still be the safest cars in America and have the longest range. Even if the range is equal, where in the USA is the charging network with Tesla type superchargers? Absolutely essential if you want to go on a trip that is greater than ~50% of the range? IMO looks like it is a very expensive around town/commuter car with probably ~100-mile one-way range. Even if the fit and finish is better than Tesla, I don't see many of these sold without a vast supercharging network that rivals Tesla especially on the West coast where we love electric cars. Just on the block where I live, there are 6 Teslas. My neighbor routinely drives his Model S 6 hours to LA with no issues. How can you do that with this car?

• Love
Reactions: Brando