Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autocross- SCCA EV-X Class vs. SS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean your "toe or camber" claim.
Ahh, sorry. Yes, the same language remains in the 2023 rules:

1677130110951.png

In a way, toe arms are really needed for (street) convenience. If one wanted, they would align to have zero toe at -2.0 degrees of camber. Then at the event, dial more rear camber and get the corresponding toe-out, hopefully enjoying more rear grip with similar-ish level of tail instability. That said, I'm not even sure separate toe arms are even legal in SP. I think there is an allowance for most suspension components, but I thought it was geared toward improving durability.

Anyway, I submitted a question to the SEB to get an official ruling to clear up any potential ambiguity.

So toe links are for ease of adjustment on site?

I did something similiar with my Street Mod car back in the day, i had turnbuckles that every 1/4 turn added/reduced toe x amount. Came in handy when going from asphalt to concrete then back again...

Ok, new topic:
I need 200TW tires for EV-X Autocross this season.
I can't get A052's, and my car ate them fast last year anyway.
I do care about being at the pointy end, so need a competitive 200TW tire, but I'd give up a tiny bit for better wear. I can only squeeze about 2 degrees out of my front MPP arms.

Would you go RE-71RS or BFG Rival 1.5's? I've heard the Rivals do well on heavy cars and I am not the smoothest driver...

Ok, new topic:
I do care about being at the pointy end, so need a competitive 200TW tire, but I'd give up a tiny bit for better wear. I can only squeeze about 2 degrees out of my front MPP arms.

Would you go RE-71RS or BFG Rival 1.5's? I've heard the Rivals do well on heavy cars and I am not the smoothest driver...
I have the Rival 1.5's, and I do like them. I only did one autocross and one track day last year with them, so I don't have a ton of experience. Beware that they run wide though. I run 5mm spacers with 275/35/19 on Konig 19x9.5 +35 Ampliforms, and the tire still just grazes the uprights under load.

• Informative
Reactions: gearchruncher
Ok, new topic:

If you want to be at the pointy end, A052s or RE-71RSes are the answer.

Reactions: M3Pdude
Ok, new topic:

I have no first-hand experience with either, but thought I'd mention that Costco finally added 71RS to their offerings and are currently running $150 off deal on them.

Please submit your comment here: http://crbscca.com/ regarding #33487 Super, A, B and C Street Class Change

Took delivery yesterday, submitted letter today.
Might take me a couple of days to finish reading through the previous 42 pages of this thread. If anyone else has suggestions for good Model 3 solo/autox resources I would be happy to absorb. Previously ran relatively well in street classes at tours and not so well in my one run to solo nationals in an STR car.

Reactions: M3Pdude and Rodney!
Ok, new topic:

Did you already buy tires? If not, you may look at the Nankang CR-S. The new compound looks pretty promising, and seems to get faster the more they wear. They are also cheaper, but shipping to the NW is about $180 for 4 tires.