Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autocross- SCCA EV-X Class vs. SS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone come across tracks banning EV and hybrid vehicles?

I'm over in the DC region, and saw something about Summit Point (on FB so not sure if true lol) no longer allowing EV and hybrid vehicles. Last year, I believe the DC SCCA chapter mostly ran at Summit Point and FedEx Field (Landover, MD.) It seems like this upcoming season will be Summit Point and Waldorf, MD. I've been trying to debate if I wanna make the drive to Waldorf this year, or just pass on the upcoming season as whole.

Reactions: bhzmark
I wonder if this is tied to the SCCA's redicilious safety "suggestions" that they put out for draft a few months ago. We discussed here that it would just be easier to ban the 4th best selling car in the world and the clear future of passenger vehicles than meet the requirements.
This is what someone shared on FB. I was trying to find something on Summit's website but maybe its a bit new.

summit.jpeg

Ahh yes, let's allow E85 and methonol powered gas cars running 3X factory boost and nitrous without fuel cells, but completely stock EV drive trains with multiple redundancies and a great safety record? DANGER.

At least they are consistent and banned hybrids also. NSX, C8 E-Ray, new lambos, F90 are all blocked.

I wonder if they will kick you out if you park your hybrid minivan on the property.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Let's talk alignment and tire wear:
Do you actually change your front camber when you go to an event and then back?

You always hear that camber doesn't kill tires, toe does. So if you get a really solid alignment done at max camber, aren't you running more risk of getting bad toe by changing FUCA camber and then having to re-do toe using a rule of thumb?

But if Camber doesn't kill tires, why do all the FUCA makers make such a big deal of being able to take camber in/out easily?

I've just been running my AutoX alignment for years now, because I hit events often enough. But now I have a few K mile trip ahead, and trying to decide if it's worth reducing camber or not for the trip, knowing that my toe will likely be less than perfect.

Reactions: Lindenwood