Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autocross- SCCA EV-X Class vs. SS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@dsgerbc - Did you ever figure out your alignment changes?

I was driving my car yesterday and my wheel was slightly off which was new. Got home and set up the lasers, and it's the REAR that changed. One wheel toed out a bit. Haven't popped off the wheel to see what is up. But a reminder to not just look at the front end when the steering angle needed to go straight changes...

Reactions: Lindenwood
@dsgerbc - Did you ever figure out your alignment changes?

I was driving my car yesterday and my wheel was slightly off which was new. Got home and set up the lasers, and it's the REAR that changed. One wheel toed out a bit. Haven't popped off the wheel to see what is up. But a reminder to not just look at the front end when the steering angle needed to go straight changes...
I'm not 100% sure since I've changed several things, but I *think* the issue was that the used OEM FLCA's that I used to press MPP bearings into somehow came with wrong metal bushing. The ones that sit on top of ball joints. They were somehow off OEM compliance links instead, which are hair larger.

My rear alignment was fine throughout these issues.

Looking at the weather forecast in Lincoln (pushing 40C), would you guys go for window/sunroof reflective covers or the whole car reflective cover to keep the car from boiling over while in paddock?

I'm not 100% sure since I've changed several things, but I *think* the issue was that the used OEM FLCA's that I used to press MPP bearings into somehow came with wrong metal bushing. The ones that sit on top of ball joints. They were somehow off OEM compliance links instead, which are hair larger.

My rear alignment was fine throughout these issues.

Looking at the weather forecast in Lincoln (pushing 40C), would you guys go for window/sunroof reflective covers or the whole car reflective cover to keep the car from boiling over while in paddock?
I have very strongly considered putting grommets into the corners of a white sheet, and hanging a few suction-cup hooks (meant to hang stuff in showers and on bathroom mirrors) around the car. The idea is I can quickly reflect most light with a $7 white sheet and $10 hooks.

Reactions: dsgerbc
Just park in your air-conditioned toy hauler RV like the first couple paddock ro

Being up front is pretty nice. I got to park the RV one year in chiefs row and its great being able to jump around. Last year I was all the way in the back in the "big rig" rows past the practice course. Lots of room to but literally a mile from the action.

Electric scooter or golf cart is almost mandatory.

Reactions: superflyrolla
Race-prepping a Tesla for Nats. Life is rough.
20230907_084729.jpg