Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autocross- SCCA EV-X Class vs. SS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He definitely brought his A game.
20230908_135751.jpg

I unfortunately didnt stay for Thurs/Fri to watch and talk to you guys. I wanted to ask for details running 18x10.5s sq with 295/35/18s. I already have the tires thats why I'm thinking of squeezing them on. I know ET25 will work up front, will that work in the rear? I tried searching this site but the search engine kinda sucks.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood
18x10.5 et 25 fits fine with 295's. You might end up with a very slight mark on the upright with some wheel flex. No spacers needed.

18x11's can be done, but that requires spacers and possibly upright work.

All of these require more camber up front or you'll hit the fender. You can't do it with stock alignments. Probably need about 3 degrees up front.

As for tires, 18" performance tires are cheaper and easier to find. The extra sidewall is generally good too. Lighter also. 18's FTW. I have a set of 19" wheels and I regret the purchase.

At nationals this week one of the people was running 295/30R18's because he liked the lower gear ratio for more launch. Apparently at the pro solo it was making a noticeable difference in 60' times. It's a trade off with high end speed though as you hit the power back off on the motor at an earlier MPH.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood
I unfortunately didnt stay for Thurs/Fri to watch and talk to you guys. I wanted to ask for details running 18x10.5s sq with 295/35/18s. I already have the tires thats why I'm thinking of squeezing them on. I know ET25 will work up front, will that work in the rear? I tried searching this site but the search engine kinda sucks.
Study this topic.
I don't think there's a universal answer, since your supporting mods matter.
ET25 + 295-wide tires will likely require some camber in the rear. Exact amount will depend on whether you have custom rear brake rotors (that push the wheel further outward).

18x10.5 et 25 fits fine with 295's. You might end up with a very slight mark on the upright with some wheel flex. No spacers needed.

18x11's can be done, but that requires spacers and possibly upright work.

All of these require more camber up front or you'll hit the fender. You can't do it with stock alignments. Probably need about 3 degrees up front.

As for tires, 18" performance tires are cheaper and easier to find. The extra sidewall is generally good too. Lighter also. 18's FTW. I have a set of 19" wheels and I regret the purchase.

At nationals this week one of the people was running 295/30R18's because he liked the lower gear ratio for more launch. Apparently at the pro solo it was making a noticeable difference in 60' times. It's a trade off with high end speed though as you hit the power back off on the motor at an earlier MPH.
I have no worries about front fitment as I have camber arms and spacers to make that work.
Study this topic.
I don't think there's a universal answer, since your supporting mods matter.
ET25 + 295-wide tires will likely require some camber in the rear. Exact amount will depend on whether you have custom rear brake rotors (that push the wheel further outward).
This is my fear, I dont have have camber adjustment in the rear. I'm at -2.2 from lowering and not sure thats enough to squeeze the 295 on an 18x10.5 ET25 inside the fender.

Did anyone convince Ryan to join the forum? Sounds like he had a rough night getting home while towing.
I think we did show him this thread.
This is my fear, I dont have have camber adjustment in the rear. I'm at -2.2 from lowering and not sure thats enough to squeeze the 295 on an 18x10.5 ET25 inside the fender.
I had 305-wide tires barely clear with similar camber (on stock rear brake rotors) on +32 wheel. So, that's about 5mm more clearance for you on tire width and minus 7mm on the offset. It's gonna be pretty tight, IMO.
MPP rear camber arms are an easy mod.

I think we did show him this thread.

I had 305-wide tires barely clear with similar camber (on stock rear brake rotors) on +32 wheel. So, that's about 5mm more clearance for you on tire width and minus 7mm on the offset. It's gonna be pretty tight, IMO.
MPP rear camber arms are an easy mod.
I was just avoiding it since I wasn't sure how much I'll autox this car. Thanks for the feedback as it helped me make a decision just to run the other car for the last autox of the local season.

Congrats to everyone that showed up and ran at nats!

Meanwhile our fall season started yesterday... a buddy of mine got in from Nationals at 11:30pm Saturday night and posted looking for a codrive because he didn't feel like unloading his STR Miata from the trailer so I offered up the Tesla. Was interesting watching him adapt to the Tesla, his first run was +3 and I'm pretty sure the only reason it wasn't more is they stopped counting after that. He said the car lured him in with really good turn in and then just gave up turning 🤣, this is the second season for these 660's and I think they needed put to pasture a couple of events ago.

I ended up 4/77 in raw & pax and he ended up 10th in raw and 11th in pax. My run in the video took over FTD for a while and then I got beat up on in the last heat while I sat and watched while working.

I have no worries about front fitment as I have camber arms and spacers to make that work.

I'm running 18x11 et40 with 295/35. Don't have any issues in the rear. When I first put them on, I didn't have rear camber arms, so I had about -1.4 camber. They still fit without any issue. Don't know that would have been true if I was on ET25 fitment wheels.

Great meeting you all this week in Lincoln. If anyone has run video they’re willing to share, I’d be interested in seeing them.

Did anyone convince Ryan to join the forum? Sounds like he had a rough night getting home while towing. CAM Mustang towed him to a supercharger. Has to be a first. I want to hear that story.
View attachment 972749
Seeing who the tow was, I would have rather pushed. 🤣

A bit of info I was not aware of and learned at the Nats: if you uncheck the datalogging checkmark in the track mode, the car will record all four cameras like in the normal drive mode, and not just the front one. Just gotta remember to hit save after each drive. Now I can finally see how very far I am from the cones w/o investing into a separate camera.

A bit of info I was not aware of and learned at the Nats: if you uncheck the datalogging checkmark in the track mode, the car will record all four cameras like in the normal drive mode, and not just the front one. Just gotta remember to hit save after each drive. Now I can finally see how very far I am from the cones w/o investing into a separate camera.

Interesting. I like my data though! I wish we could disable front and just get the sides lol.

One can get most of relevant data series off scanmytesla logs except for the brake pedal pressure.

I'll post some when I get a chance.
I do have a CANServer installed, I guess I could have it log to SD Card but not having to do anything extra besides click start in Track Mode sure is nice lol. I think you also can't get GPS data via the CANBus which is one of my favorite parts of the trackmode logs.