Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autocross will void Model 3 warranty.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing new… Been like this for decades. Give a dealer or “store” an option to deny warranty and they’ll go for it.

Cover the VINs and remove your plates at events. If you’re all over social media and forums, don’t connect it to your face and real name. Simple. Don’t give them ideas and they won’t go looking.

pretty much covers Humboldt County.

Autocross tears up tires and that is about it.
I did a defensive/ race driving school thing with the local club when I first got my S, I had never done autocross before and the warranty specifically did not prohibit this type of activity. It is really fun + my road driving is much better & I have avoided many accidents and close calls by knowing exactly how my car reacts...highly recommend it, or at least going to an empty parking lot and playing around a bit. Also try it in the rain. wet autocross is pretty fun even though not as fast & traction sucks
I did some autocross events way back when (1970s and 1980s), when I had Mercedes sedans. Most of the events I entered were run by the Mercedes-Benz Club but I also ran some SCCA events. I don't recall any mention of warranty issues then. The MB events were faster and occasionally someone would knock off a wheel cover or scrape a piece of body trim on a tight curve, but I do not recall much worse. Although I do recall somebody going too fast and went off course in a parking lot and suffered some minor body damage. That would be more an insurance issue than a warranty issue, I should think. The SCCA events were very tight curves on small courses so speeds were modest.
And now that I think of it, I suspect insurance is more of a risk than warranty. I recall one MBCA high-speed track event (not an autocross) where a fellow driving a fairly new S class sedan took a turn wrong and rolled the car. It was severely damaged. I later heard that he tried to get insurance coverage, but it was denied because the insurance had a clause to exclude damage from competition. The club still runs events like that but I have not competed for years, so I do not know what Mercedes says about damage from such events.