Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autofold mirrors - refreshed Model S, software 2021.12.4.7 25bc808006cf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I replaced my 2018 Model S with a 2021 refreshed Model S. The user-friendliness of the UI has taken a step backward, IMHO.

I have set homelink to autoopen the garage door on approach and did NOT turn on Autofold mirrors when nearby. Nevertheless, the mirrors fold when I near my garage and remain folded until I'm up to speed driving away. I've tried eveything I know to keep this from happening.

What am I missing?

As soon as I get to the point where I can activate the turn signals without having to look down at the wheel, I'll have fully adapted to the yoke/button style of driving. The low-speed driving is much improved with full stop/hold taking place automatically. TRUE one-pedal driving.

The autofold setting is stored in your user profile. First, I would try toggling the autofold at your current location to off, and then leave the location and see if they stop auto-folding when you return. If this doesn't work, try creating a new user profile, turn off the aurofold at current location , and then save your current settings. Of course, you will lose some settings like homelink, GPS location settings for suspension and mirror folding, etc. You can try resaving these and see if that doesn't fix the issue. Sounds like a corruption in your user profile. If the new user profile doesn't fix the issue, you can always go back to your current user profile with the auto-fold problem.

Reactions: MX16MS16MS21
I replaced my 2018 Model S with a 2021 refreshed Model S. The user-friendliness of the UI has taken a step backward, IMHO.

I have set homelink to autoopen the garage door on approach and did NOT turn on Autofold mirrors when nearby. Nevertheless, the mirrors fold when I near my garage and remain folded until I'm up to speed driving away. I've tried eveything I know to keep this from happening.

What am I missing?

As soon as I get to the point where I can activate the turn signals without having to look down at the wheel, I'll have fully adapted to the yoke/button style of driving. The low-speed driving is much improved with full stop/hold taking place automatically. TRUE one-pedal driving.
In addition to the profile settings response which is correct, there is also a quick hit button “unfold mirrors” on the main screen when you hit the car/settings icon in the bottom left of the screen. It’s highlighted along with other available buttons like glovebox in blue. Hope this helps.