Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autofold mirrors - refreshed Model S, software 2021.12.4.7 25bc808006cf

DonL

Jan 30, 2013
La Jolla, CA
I replaced my 2018 Model S with a 2021 refreshed Model S. The user-friendliness of the UI has taken a step backward, IMHO.

I have set homelink to autoopen the garage door on approach and did NOT turn on Autofold mirrors when nearby. Nevertheless, the mirrors fold when I near my garage and remain folded until I'm up to speed driving away. I've tried eveything I know to keep this from happening.

What am I missing?

As soon as I get to the point where I can activate the turn signals without having to look down at the wheel, I'll have fully adapted to the yoke/button style of driving. The low-speed driving is much improved with full stop/hold taking place automatically. TRUE one-pedal driving.

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
The autofold setting is stored in your user profile. First, I would try toggling the autofold at your current location to off, and then leave the location and see if they stop auto-folding when you return. If this doesn't work, try creating a new user profile, turn off the aurofold at current location , and then save your current settings. Of course, you will lose some settings like homelink, GPS location settings for suspension and mirror folding, etc. You can try resaving these and see if that doesn't fix the issue. Sounds like a corruption in your user profile. If the new user profile doesn't fix the issue, you can always go back to your current user profile with the auto-fold problem.

Reactions: MX16MS16MS21

MX16MS16MS21

RN1143X | MSM/BLK1/21 | Ord: 1/20/21 Del: 8/1
May 21, 2017
Coto De Caza, CA
I replaced my 2018 Model S with a 2021 refreshed Model S. The user-friendliness of the UI has taken a step backward, IMHO.

I have set homelink to autoopen the garage door on approach and did NOT turn on Autofold mirrors when nearby. Nevertheless, the mirrors fold when I near my garage and remain folded until I'm up to speed driving away. I've tried eveything I know to keep this from happening.

What am I missing?

As soon as I get to the point where I can activate the turn signals without having to look down at the wheel, I'll have fully adapted to the yoke/button style of driving. The low-speed driving is much improved with full stop/hold taking place automatically. TRUE one-pedal driving.
In addition to the profile settings response which is correct, there is also a quick hit button “unfold mirrors” on the main screen when you hit the car/settings icon in the bottom left of the screen. It’s highlighted along with other available buttons like glovebox in blue. Hope this helps.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC