Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Automated Braking System Disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I got a ”Automated Emergency Braking Disabled” message yesterday. It’s a persistent message (near the bottom of the car visualisation) that also prevented me from using autopilot or cruise control.

Rebooting didn’t solve it, and I have created a services request as a result but wanted to see if anyone encountered a similar issue in the past.

Reactions: Tpstulane
I get the same error every time I drive my 2021 M3. I have no cruise control, the map jumps instead of scrolls, when I use my turn signals the box with the camera view is generally black but on occasion the view will appear and disappear, in the rain the wipers kept turning off even though it's set on auto. When I talk to service all I get is it's a known issue please wait for a software update to correct the known issue. A software update has not fixed the lack of heat when it get's extremely cold after all these months how long should I expect before I have basic cruise control in a car. As the left side of the map doesn't show line markers or update I don't know if I have any safety features.

Reactions: Tpstulane
I wanted to bring the car in for it to be inspected and though they didn't cancel my appointment they once again want me to wait. I feel like if I keep the appointment they will just give it the appearance of looking it over without really doing anything. I felt the same way about the heater. It's more about pushing a service appointment back as opposed to fixing the issue. You know like success it's warmer out now and your heater works just fine. The service department made it sound like all the problems I'm having are common so I asked if they could send me some sort of technical service bulletin on the problem but it sounds like that's not an option. Are many other people having the same problems? I've had no cruise control, no blind side warning, etc. for over a month and possibly no safety features either. I may try making an appointment with another Tesla service center to see if they seem to care about fixing my car.

As far as I can remember, all the similar problems have been due to water ingress in the wiring harness (a RHD problem, so not the cause for you) of wheel speed sensors. I'd suggest posting in the US forum - you've stumbled into the UK and Ireland section. There are many more owners in the US so you're more likely to find someone with the same issues.

Having said that, trying a different SC sounds like a good idea.

A few days from delivery day mine also one-time displayed:
  • Power Brake Assist Reduced
  • Automatic Emergency Braking is Disabled
  • Yellow Warning with exclamation mark (not in manual)
But cleared by the next drive back (might have my Tesla Assistance intervention to silence codes).

I was finally able to bring my car in for service and when I asked for an update they said they had to replace the computer. I'm really glad they were able to determine the problem and what needed to be done to fix it as their first response was this will be fixed with a software update.

Reactions: Lephturn
I was finally able to bring my car in for service and when I asked for an update they said they had to replace the computer. I'm really glad they were able to determine the problem and what needed to be done to fix it as their first response was this will be fixed with a software update.
This happened to me last year.
Since the new CPU was fitted there have been no similar problems..

Got this today. First "Automated braking system disabled', then no cruise control or autosteer. I've tried rebooting and camera re-calibration but this did not work. Now I have no visualisation of other cars etc, just road lines.

Booked a service (a month away)...

I also got a ”Automated Emergency Braking Disabled” message 3 days after the latest softwsre update. It’s a persistent message that also prevented me from using autopilot or cruise control. Tried camera recalibration and reboot the car. Problem is there. I am thinking to take car for car wash to remove any dirty from the sensor. What other solutions worked for you guys?

Thanks everyone for all your comments here. This thread helped me troubleshoot (albeit unsuccessfully) this issue while my car locked up in the middle of traffic. I was waiting to turn left while my 2020 Model Y gave me a notice that the "Automatic emergency break has been disabled". I could not change gears, brake, or gas even after rebooting, powering down, re-calibrating the cameras, etc. I tried EVERYTHING. It took after 3 hours and the police to get me a tow truck to haul the car over to a service center. What a terrible experience. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.