TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Automatic Emergency Braking on newest Xs

Discussion in 'Model X' started by jgalak, Sep 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jgalak

jgalak Member

Didn't see this posted elsewhere yet, so might be relevant to folks. Picked up my new (custom) X yesterday. Got this email today:

-- quote --
    We recently introduced some minor hardware changes to the Autopilot system in new cars like yours [RN3656***], and we are now in the process of robustly validating the new hardware using real-world driving data. During that process, Automatic Emergency Braking will temporarily be inactive and will instead be in shadow mode, which means it will register how the feature would perform if it were activated, without taking any action.

This temporary calibration period is standard Tesla protocol and is done out of an abundance of caution. We expect to have Automatic Emergency Braking enabled in your car in three to six weeks and we’ll let you know when that happens. In the meantime, early collision warning systems and all other Autopilot features we’ve enabled to date will still be active and functional.
    -- end quote --

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

• Like x 1
  3. Enz295

Enz295 Member

Got the same message. Took delivery of my X on 9/23.

• Like x 1
  4. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

They seem to be saying “three to six weeks” for three to six weeks now....

• Funny x 1
  5. jgalak

jgalak Member

I'm a huge fan of Elon Musk, but I never take his timelines seriously....

6. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Since this is about since when the first cars arrived (mid September), we can best assume the first date this could be fixed would be mid October. If we followed the estimate. :D

• Like x 1